Shredding Services McLean, VA
Shredding Services in McLean, VA. Document destruction was probably invented pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the contemporary world, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own information and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in McLean, VA can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in McLean, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | McLean, VA Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your McLean, VA business save on cost and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online these days, there are still lawbreakers rummaging through paper-filled refuse bags to locate personal information including addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are not needed anymore should be shredded. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability manually or with specific software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state laws stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be properly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you observe are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unneeded paper can create a disordered workplace, whether they're consuming space on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Untidy workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in McLean, VA will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a greater emphasis on personal information than there is presently. Employing shredding services for unneeded documents will protect you from liability and safeguard your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of municipal trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, decreasing the quantity of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to spread quickly. Disposing of large piles of paper will help protect your workers and your office.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the dull tasks of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad advantages to going paperless, including a few of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your data into secure clouds. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing data.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in McLean, VA, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we offer in McLean, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | McLean, VA Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a key aspect of shielding any McLean, VA business and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be shredded after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to retain particular records for a specified number of years. The following are some of the documents businesses typically need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other regulatory administrations have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that time frame has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually recommended to discard these after a year, unless you they are required for tax returns.
- Customer Records: Use your judgment for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there might be a dispute down the line. After they are no longer needed they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. After that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only contain sensitive medical information, but a McLean, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in McLean, VA are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in McLean, VA | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in McLean, VA, you are outsourcing to a team committed to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and provide the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in McLean, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.