Shredding Services McLean, VA
Shredding Services in McLean, VA. Data destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who has access to private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own information and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in McLean, VA can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in McLean, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | McLean, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your McLean, VA business save on cost and shield you from liability. Below are eight of the most frequent reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online these days, there are still criminals going through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability by hand or with special software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will never be used.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you act in accordance with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unneeded paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're consuming space on a desk, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in McLean, VA will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a greater focus on personal information than there is today. Employing shredding services for superfluous documents will shield you from liability and preserve your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, decreasing the amount of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, provides fuel for fires and allows them to spread fast. Disposing of large heaps of paper will help protect your workers and your office.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself takes time, with the mechanical tasks of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder one by one. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad benefits to going paperless, including several of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of converting your records into secure clouds. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, check out our innovative STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-efficient and secure document destruction in McLean, VA, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-time volume shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we provide in McLean, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | McLean, VA Shredding Services
Document destruction has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a vital part of shielding any McLean, VA business and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be destroyed relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that oblige you to hold onto particular documents for a certain period of time. The following are some of the records businesses commonly need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to retain your return or the supporting documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to hang onto them. OSHA and other overseeing bodies have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually advised to shred these after a year, unless you they are required for tax returns.
- Client Documents: Use your common sense for how long you need to retain these, for example, if there may be a refund down the line. After they are not required anymore they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that period is passed, they should be destroyed as they not only contain sensitive medical information, but a McLean, VA patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in McLean, VA include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
Shredding Services in McLean, VA | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in McLean, VA, you are outsourcing to a team committed to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and provide the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in McLean, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.