Shredding Services Clayton, MO
Shredding Services in Clayton, MO. Data destruction was probably invented pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and their employee's data are protected. HITS's shredding services in Clayton, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Clayton, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Clayton, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Clayton, MO business be more cost-efficient and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still lawbreakers rummaging through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be put back together by hand or with specific software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will assure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of superfluous paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're taking up space on a work surface, in drawers, or in a storage area. Untidy workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Clayton, MO will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a higher focus on personal information than there is right now. Using shredding services for unneeded documents will shield you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, lowering the number of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow quickly. Clearing out large stacks of paper will help protect your employees and your office.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally is time-consuming, with the dull tasks of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of benefits to going paperless, including many of the things mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your data into secure servers. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, have a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing records.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in Clayton, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Clayton, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Clayton, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is a key aspect of protecting any Clayton, MO company and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be disposed of fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to hold onto specific documents for a particular period of time. The following are some of the records businesses generally need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to keep your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to keep them. OSHA and other overseeing administrations have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time frame has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally advised to destroy these after one year, unless you need them for your tax returns.
- Client Documents: Use your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there might be a refund down the line. Once they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. After that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only include personal medical information, but a Clayton, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Clayton, MO are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Clayton, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Clayton, MO, you are hiring a team devoted to discovering the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and offer the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Clayton, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.