Shredding Services Clayton, MO
Shredding Services in Clayton, MO. Document destruction has been around since shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own data and their employee's data are protected. HITS's shredding services in Clayton, MO can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Clayton, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Clayton, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Clayton, MO business be more cost-efficient and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most common motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online these days, there are still wrongdoers searching through paper-filled refuse cans to find personal information including addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability manually or with special software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unneeded paper can create a disordered workplace, whether they're consuming space on a table, in drawers, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Clayton, MO will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a greater focus on personal information than there is today. Utilizing shredding services for unnecessary documents will shield you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, lowering the number of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to escalate quickly. Clearing out large piles of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally is time-consuming, with the mundane chores of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS improves your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are countless benefits to going paperless, including many of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your records into secure clouds. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, have a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Clayton, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-time volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Clayton, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Clayton, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a key part of protecting any Clayton, MO company and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be destroyed after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to keep specific documents for a certain period of time. The following are some of the records businesses commonly need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or related documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends keeping employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have requirements for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is advised to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally recommended to destroy these after one year, unless you they are needed for tax returns.
- Customer Documents: Trust your discernment for how long you need to retain these, for example, if there might be a dispute down the line. Once they are not needed anymore they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be disposed of right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should retain records. After that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only contain confidential medical information, but a Clayton, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Clayton, MO include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
Shredding Services in Clayton, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Clayton, MO, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and offer the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Clayton, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.