Shredding Services Kirkwood, MO
Shredding Services in Kirkwood, MO. Document destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the contemporary world, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to verify their own information and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Kirkwood, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Kirkwood, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Kirkwood, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Kirkwood, MO business save on cost and shield you from liability. Below are eight of the most frequent reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still criminals searching through paper-filled trash bags to find personal information such as addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be put back together manually or with particular software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unnecessary paper can create an untidy workplace, whether they're taking up space on a table, in drawers, or in a storage area. Untidy workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Kirkwood, MO will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is presently. Employing shredding services for unneeded documents will shield you from liability and preserve your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of city waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, decreasing the amount of trees that need to be cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to spread fast. Disposing of large piles of paper will help protect your employees and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the mechanical tasks of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous advantages to going paperless, including a few of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of converting your records into secure clouds. As we assist you with the conversion, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, check out our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing records.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Kirkwood, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-time volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Kirkwood, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Kirkwood, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is a key part of shielding any Kirkwood, MO company and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be destroyed after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that oblige you to hold onto particular documents for a certain period of time. The following are some of the documents businesses usually need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to hold onto your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory administrations have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally suggested to shred these after a year, unless you they are needed for tax returns.
- Client Records: Trust your discernment for how long you need to keep these, for example, if there could be a refund in the future. After they are not required anymore they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. After that period is passed, they should be destroyed as they not only contain sensitive medical information, but a Kirkwood, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Kirkwood, MO include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
Shredding Services in Kirkwood, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Kirkwood, MO, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and give the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Kirkwood, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.