Shredding Services San Diego, CA
Shredding Services in San Diego, CA. Data destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the modern world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in San Diego, CA can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in San Diego, CA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | San Diego, CA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your San Diego, CA business be more cost-efficient and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still wrongdoers going through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are no longer required should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability manually or with specific software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state laws stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unneeded paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're using up room on a desk, in drawers, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in San Diego, CA will permit you to put more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a higher emphasis on personal information than there is today. Employing shredding services for superfluous documents will guard against liability and protect your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, reducing the number of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to escalate fast. Clearing out large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the rote tasks of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder one by one. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are countless benefits to going paperless, including many of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your records into secure clouds. As we assist you with the conversion, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical office, have a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing data.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in San Diego, CA, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-time volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in San Diego, CA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | San Diego, CA Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is an important aspect of shielding any San Diego, CA business and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be destroyed after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to retain specific documents for a specified number of years. The following are some of the records businesses typically need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes in a period of three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to retain them. OSHA and other overseeing bodies have requirements for how long you should retain HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is recommended to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically advised to discard these after a year, unless you require them for your tax purposes.
- Customer Records: Use your discernment for how long you need to keep these, for example, if there could be a refund in the future. Once they are no longer needed they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be destroyed right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time limits for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only contain personal medical information, but a San Diego, CA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in San Diego, CA are:
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
Shredding Services in San Diego, CA | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in San Diego, CA, you are hiring a team devoted to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than two and a half decades and offer the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in San Diego, CA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.