Shredding Services San Diego, CA
Shredding Services in San Diego, CA. Data destruction was probably invented pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the present-day world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who handles private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own information and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in San Diego, CA can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in San Diego, CA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | San Diego, CA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your San Diego, CA business save on cost and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still wrongdoers rummaging through paper-filled trash bags to locate personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be put back together manually or with specific software. Hiring professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will never be used.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you follow are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of unneeded paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're consuming room on a table, in drawers, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in San Diego, CA will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a greater focus on personal information than there is currently. Using shredding services for unneeded documents will guard against liability and safeguard your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of city waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, limiting the amount of trees that need to be cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, supplies fuel for fires and allows them to spread fast. Clearing out large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the mechanical chores of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder one by one. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS improves your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are multiple benefits to going paperless, including several of the things referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of transforming your records into secure clouds. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical office, take a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing data.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in San Diego, CA, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-time volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we offer in San Diego, CA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | San Diego, CA Shredding Services
Shredding documents sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is a key part of shielding any San Diego, CA business and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be destroyed relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to hold onto specific documents for a specified number of years. The following are some of the records businesses generally need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to hold onto your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests holding onto employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have requirements for how long you should retain HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally advised to shred these after one year, unless you need them for your tax purposes.
- Customer Documents: Use your common sense for how long you need to keep these, for example, if there may be a refund in the future. After they are no longer required they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be disposed of immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. After that time frame, they should be destroyed as they not only include sensitive medical information, but a San Diego, CA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in San Diego, CA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in San Diego, CA | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in San Diego, CA, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to identifying the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than two and a half decades and give the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in San Diego, CA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.