Shredding Services Richmond Heights, MO
Shredding Services in Richmond Heights, MO. Data destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the modern world, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to verify their own information and their employee's information are protected. HITS's shredding services in Richmond Heights, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Richmond Heights, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Richmond Heights, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Richmond Heights, MO business save on cost and shield you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online these days, there are still wrongdoers rummaging through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are not required anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability manually or with special software. Hiring professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws require that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be properly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you observe are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can create an untidy workplace, whether they're using up space on a table, in filing cabinets, or in a storage unit. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Richmond Heights, MO will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is currently. Utilizing shredding services for unneeded documents will guard against liability and preserve your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, decreasing the quantity of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to escalate fast. Clearing out large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the rote chores of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder one by one. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad benefits to going paperless, including several of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of changing your data into secure clouds. As we help you with the conversion, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, take a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Richmond Heights, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-time volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Richmond Heights, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Richmond Heights, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a vital part of protecting any Richmond Heights, MO company and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be disposed of after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to hold onto particular documents for a specified number of years. The following are some of the records businesses typically need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or the supporting documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other regulatory entities have conditions for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time limit has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically advised to destroy these after a year, unless you they are required for tax returns.
- Client Documents: Use your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there might be a dispute in the future. Once they are not required anymore they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be destroyed straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only contain private medical information, but a Richmond Heights, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Richmond Heights, MO are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Richmond Heights, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Richmond Heights, MO, you are hiring a team devoted to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and provide the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in Richmond Heights, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.