Shredding Services Richmond Heights, MO
Shredding Services in Richmond Heights, MO. Document destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the present-day world, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who has access to private information. Any business also needs to verify their own information and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Richmond Heights, MO can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Richmond Heights, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Richmond Heights, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Richmond Heights, MO business save on cost and protect you from liability. Below are eight of the most frequent motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still wrongdoers searching through paper-filled trash cans to locate personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer needed should be shredded. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability manually or with special software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws require that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unnecessary paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're using up room on a desk, in filing cabinets, or in a storage area. Cluttered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Richmond Heights, MO will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is currently. Using shredding services for unnecessary documents will guard against liability and safeguard your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, lowering the quantity of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacks of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to escalate fast. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your staff and your office.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally is time-consuming, with the dull chores of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are countless benefits to going paperless, including several of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your records into secure clouds. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical office, check out our innovative STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Richmond Heights, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-off bulk shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Richmond Heights, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Richmond Heights, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is a significant part of protecting any Richmond Heights, MO business and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be disposed of after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to keep particular documents for a particular period of time. The following are some of the documents businesses commonly need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to keep your return or the supporting documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends retaining employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other overseeing entities have requirements for how long you should keep HR records, but after that time limit has passed it is recommended to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically suggested to destroy these after one year, unless you need them for your tax purposes.
- Customer Documents: Use your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there could be a refund down the line. Once they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time frames for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only contain confidential medical information, but a Richmond Heights, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Richmond Heights, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Richmond Heights, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Richmond Heights, MO, you are outsourcing to a team committed to discovering the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and provide the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Richmond Heights, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.