Shredding Services St. Louis, MO
Shredding Services in St. Louis, MO. Data destruction has been around since shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the contemporary world, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and their employee's data are protected. HITS's shredding services in St. Louis, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in St. Louis, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | St. Louis, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your St. Louis, MO business be more cost-efficient and shield you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still criminals searching through paper-filled refuse cans to find personal information including addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are not required anymore should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be put back together by hand or with special software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will never be used.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you comply with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of unnecessary paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're consuming room on a table, in drawers, or in a storage area. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in St. Louis, MO will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a greater focus on personal information than there is right now. Utilizing shredding services for unneeded documents will guard against liability and safeguard your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, limiting the quantity of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, provides fuel for fires and allows them to grow fast. Getting rid of large stacks of paper will help protect your workers and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally is time-consuming, with the mindless chores of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder individually. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad benefits to going paperless, including several of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of converting your data into secure clouds. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in St. Louis, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-off volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in St. Louis, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | St. Louis, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a significant part of shielding any St. Louis, MO company and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be shredded fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to hold onto specific records for a certain period of time. Below are some of the records businesses commonly need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to retain your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory bodies have conditions for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically recommended to destroy these after a year, unless you need them for your tax returns.
- Client Documents: Trust your discernment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there could be a dispute in the future. After they are not needed anymore they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be shredded right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. After that time frame, they should be shredded as they not only include confidential medical information, but a St. Louis, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in St. Louis, MO include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
Shredding Services in St. Louis, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in St. Louis, MO, you are hiring a team committed to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and give the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in St. Louis, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.