Shredding Services St. Louis, MO
Shredding Services in St. Louis, MO. Document destruction has been around since pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and their employee's information are safe. HITS's shredding services in St. Louis, MO can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in St. Louis, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | St. Louis, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your St. Louis, MO business be more cost-efficient and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still lawbreakers searching through paper-filled refuse bags to locate personal information such as addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be put back together manually or with specific software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will assure that the private information will never be used.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of unneeded paper can create an untidy workplace, whether they're consuming room on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Untidy workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in St. Louis, MO will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is currently. Employing shredding services for unneeded documents will shield you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, limiting the number of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to spread fast. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your workers and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally takes time, with the rote tasks of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder individually. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous benefits to going paperless, including several of the things mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of converting your records into secure servers. As we help you with the conversion, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical office, take a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing records.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in St. Louis, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-time bulk shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in St. Louis, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | St. Louis, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a key aspect of protecting any St. Louis, MO company and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be shredded relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to hold onto particular documents for a specified number of years. Below are some of the records businesses typically need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or relevant records.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests keeping employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have requirements for how long you should retain HR records, but after that time frame has passed it is advised to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically suggested to destroy these after a year, unless you they are needed for tax purposes.
- Customer Records: Trust your common sense for how long you need to retain these, for example, if there might be a refund in the future. Once they are not required anymore they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should retain records. After that period is passed, they should be destroyed as they not only include private medical information, but a St. Louis, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in St. Louis, MO are:
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
Shredding Services in St. Louis, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in St. Louis, MO, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and offer the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in St. Louis, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.