Shredding Services Herndon, VA
Shredding Services in Herndon, VA. Data destruction has been around since shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the modern world, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that manages private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in Herndon, VA can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Herndon, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Herndon, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Herndon, VA business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still criminals going through paper-filled refuse bags to locate personal information such as addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are not required anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be put back together manually or with specific software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state laws stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you comply with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of unneeded paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're taking up room on a desk, in drawers, or in a storage area. Untidy workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Herndon, VA will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a higher emphasis on personal information than there is today. Using shredding services for unneeded documents will protect you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, decreasing the number of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow fast. Clearing out large heaps of paper will help protect your employees and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself is time-consuming, with the mundane tasks of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are multiple benefits to going paperless, including a few of the things referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your records into secure clouds. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical office, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for filing and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Herndon, VA, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-off bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Herndon, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Herndon, VA Shredding Services
Shredding documents occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is an important part of protecting any Herndon, VA business and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be destroyed fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to retain specific records for a particular period of time. Below are some of the records businesses usually need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or the supporting documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other regulatory entities have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically suggested to shred these after one year, unless you require them for your tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Trust your discernment for how long you need to retain these, for instance, if there might be a refund down the line. After they are no longer needed they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be destroyed immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. After that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only contain confidential medical information, but a Herndon, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Herndon, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Herndon, VA | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Herndon, VA, you are hiring a team committed to finding the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and provide the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Herndon, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.