Shredding Services Herndon, VA
Shredding Services in Herndon, VA. Data destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who handles private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own data and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Herndon, VA can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Herndon, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Herndon, VA Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Herndon, VA business save on cost and protect you from liability. Below are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still criminals rummaging through paper-filled refuse bags to locate personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be put back together manually or with special software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state laws require that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you act in accordance with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can create a disordered workplace, whether they're taking up room on a desk, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Herndon, VA will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a greater focus on personal information than there is currently. Utilizing shredding services for superfluous documents will shield you from liability and preserve your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of municipal trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, limiting the quantity of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to spread quickly. Disposing of large heaps of paper will help protect your employees and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally takes time, with the tedious chores of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder individually. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous benefits to going paperless, including a few of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of transforming your documents into secure servers. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, take a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing records.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Herndon, VA, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Herndon, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Herndon, VA Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a key part of shielding any Herndon, VA company and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be shredded after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to keep specific records for a particular period of time. Below are some of the documents businesses usually need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to hold onto your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises keeping employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to hang onto them. OSHA and other regulatory entities have requirements for how long you should retain HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually recommended to destroy these after a year, unless you require them for your tax returns.
- Client Documents: Use your common sense for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there could be a dispute in the future. Once they are no longer required they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be shredded at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time frames for how long healthcare providers should keep records. After that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only contain personal medical information, but a Herndon, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Herndon, VA are:
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
Shredding Services in Herndon, VA | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Herndon, VA, you are outsourcing to a team committed to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and offer the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Herndon, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.