Shredding Services Brentwood, MO
Shredding Services in Brentwood, MO. Document destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and their employee's information are safe. HITS's shredding services in Brentwood, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Brentwood, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Brentwood, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Brentwood, MO business save on cost and shield you from liability. Below are eight of the most common reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still criminals going through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information such as addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still occasionally be put back together by hand or with particular software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations dictate that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be effectively and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unnecessary paper can create a disordered workplace, whether they're using up room on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Brentwood, MO will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a greater emphasis on personal information than there is right now. Employing shredding services for unnecessary documents will protect you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of municipal waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, reducing the number of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacks of paper, provides fuel for fires and allows them to escalate quickly. Getting rid of large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your office.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally takes time, with the tedious tasks of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous benefits to going paperless, including a few of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your documents into secure servers. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, check out our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing records.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Brentwood, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Brentwood, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Brentwood, MO Shredding Services
Document destruction has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a vital part of protecting any Brentwood, MO company and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be shredded after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to hold onto particular records for a specified number of years. The following are some of the documents businesses usually need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to keep your return or relevant records.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises keeping employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to keep them. OSHA and other overseeing entities have conditions for how long you should retain HR records, but after that time frame has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally suggested to discard these after one year, unless you require them for your tax purposes.
- Customer Records: Use your judgment for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there could be a refund down the line. After they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be destroyed straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time frames for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only include sensitive medical information, but a Brentwood, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Brentwood, MO are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Brentwood, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Brentwood, MO, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and give the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Brentwood, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.