Shredding Services Brentwood, MO
Shredding Services in Brentwood, MO. Data destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the present-day world, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Brentwood, MO can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Brentwood, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Brentwood, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Brentwood, MO business save on cost and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still wrongdoers rummaging through paper-filled trash cans to locate personal information such as addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still occasionally be put back together by hand or with specific software. Hiring professional shredding services will assure that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state laws stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you act in accordance with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unneeded paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're consuming space on a table, in drawers, or in a storage area. Disordered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Brentwood, MO will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a greater focus on personal information than there is presently. Using shredding services for unnecessary documents will guard against liability and preserve your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, lowering the amount of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to grow fast. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your workers and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself is time-consuming, with the dull chores of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous advantages to going paperless, including many of the things mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of converting your records into secure servers. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical office, take a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing data.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Brentwood, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-time bulk shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Brentwood, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Brentwood, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is an important part of protecting any Brentwood, MO company and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be destroyed after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to retain specific documents for a specified number of years. Below are some of the documents businesses commonly need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to hold onto your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other regulatory administrations have requirements for how long you should retain HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually suggested to destroy these after one year, unless you they are needed for tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Use your judgment for how long you need to retain these, for instance, if there could be a refund in the future. After they are no longer needed they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that time frame, they should be shredded as they not only include personal medical information, but a Brentwood, MO patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Brentwood, MO include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
Shredding Services in Brentwood, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Brentwood, MO, you are hiring a team committed to discovering the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and provide the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Brentwood, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.