Shredding Services Bethesda, MD
Shredding Services in Bethesda, MD. Document destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the contemporary world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own information and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in Bethesda, MD can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Bethesda, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Bethesda, MD Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Bethesda, MD business save on cost and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most frequent motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still wrongdoers rummaging through paper-filled trash bags to locate personal information including addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be put back together manually or with specific software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of unnecessary paper can create an untidy workplace, whether they're taking up space on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Bethesda, MD will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is today. Utilizing shredding services for superfluous documents will protect you from liability and preserve your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of city waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, decreasing the quantity of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacks of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to spread fast. Clearing out large heaps of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the mindless tasks of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of benefits to going paperless, including a few of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of transforming your records into secure clouds. As we assist you with the conversion, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical office, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing records.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Bethesda, MD, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-time volume shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Bethesda, MD are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Bethesda, MD Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a key part of shielding any Bethesda, MD company and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be destroyed relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that oblige you to keep particular records for a certain period of time. Below are some of the records businesses usually need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to retain your return or relevant records.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other overseeing bodies have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that time limit has passed it is advised to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually suggested to shred these after a year, unless you need them for your tax returns.
- Client Records: Trust your discernment for how long you need to hold onto these, for example, if there could be a dispute in the future. Once they are no longer needed they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should retain records. After that time frame, they should be shredded as they not only contain personal medical information, but a Bethesda, MD patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Bethesda, MD are:
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
Shredding Services in Bethesda, MD | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Bethesda, MD, you are hiring a team committed to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than two and a half decades and provide the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Bethesda, MD, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.