Shredding Services Bethesda, MD
Shredding Services in Bethesda, MD. Data destruction was probably invented pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the present-day world, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who has access to private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Bethesda, MD can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Bethesda, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Bethesda, MD Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Bethesda, MD business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still wrongdoers rummaging through paper-filled trash bags to find personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability manually or with specific software. Hiring professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state regulations dictate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're using up room on a table, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Bethesda, MD will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a higher emphasis on personal information than there is presently. Using shredding services for unneeded documents will protect you from liability and preserve your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, reducing the number of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacks of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow quickly. Getting rid of large stacks of paper will help protect your workers and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the mindless chores of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS improves your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous advantages to going paperless, including a few of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of converting your documents into secure servers. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, have a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for filing and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in Bethesda, MD, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Bethesda, MD are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Bethesda, MD Shredding Services
Destroying documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a significant part of protecting any Bethesda, MD business and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be disposed of after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that oblige you to hold onto specific records for a particular period of time. The following are some of the records businesses commonly need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to keep your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises keeping employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other overseeing administrations have conditions for how long you should retain HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically advised to shred these after one year, unless you need them for your tax returns.
- Customer Documents: Use your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there could be a dispute down the line. Once they are no longer needed they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that time frame, they should be shredded as they not only include sensitive medical information, but a Bethesda, MD patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Bethesda, MD include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Bethesda, MD | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Bethesda, MD, you are hiring a team dedicated to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and offer the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Bethesda, MD, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.