Shredding Services Creve Coeur, MO
Shredding Services in Creve Coeur, MO. Document destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own information and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Creve Coeur, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Creve Coeur, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Creve Coeur, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Creve Coeur, MO business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most common reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online these days, there are still lawbreakers searching through paper-filled trash cans to locate personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability by hand or with particular software. Hiring professional shredding services will assure that the private information will never be used.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be properly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you follow are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of superfluous paper can create a cluttered workplace, whether they're taking up room on a table, in drawers, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Creve Coeur, MO will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a higher emphasis on personal information than there is today. Utilizing shredding services for superfluous documents will guard against liability and preserve your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of city trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, decreasing the number of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to escalate quickly. Getting rid of large piles of paper will help protect your staff and your office.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the rote chores of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder one by one. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of advantages to going paperless, including many of the things referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your documents into secure clouds. As we help you with the switch, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Creve Coeur, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-time bulk shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Creve Coeur, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Creve Coeur, MO Shredding Services
Document destruction sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is an important aspect of protecting any Creve Coeur, MO company and keeping it efficient. Some records can be shredded fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to hold onto certain documents for a specified number of years. Below are some of the records businesses commonly need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to keep your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to hang onto them. OSHA and other overseeing agencies have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally recommended to shred these after a year, unless you they are needed for tax returns.
- Customer Documents: Use your judgment for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there could be a refund down the line. After they are no longer needed they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be shredded right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. After that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only include personal medical information, but a Creve Coeur, MO patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Creve Coeur, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Creve Coeur, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Creve Coeur, MO, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to finding the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and provide the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Creve Coeur, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.