Shredding Services Annandale, VA
Shredding Services in Annandale, VA. Data destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own information and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Annandale, VA can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Annandale, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Annandale, VA Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Annandale, VA business save on cost and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most frequent motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still lawbreakers rummaging through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information including addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are no longer required should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still occasionally be put back together by hand or with specific software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be properly and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you observe are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of unneeded paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're using up room on a desk, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Untidy workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Annandale, VA will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is currently. Utilizing shredding services for superfluous documents will shield you from liability and safeguard your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, decreasing the amount of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, supplies fuel for fires and allows them to escalate quickly. Clearing out large heaps of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself is time-consuming, with the rote chores of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are multiple advantages to going paperless, including several of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your documents into secure servers. As we help you with the conversion, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, take a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing data.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in Annandale, VA, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Annandale, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Annandale, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is a significant aspect of protecting any Annandale, VA company and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be destroyed fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to retain particular records for a certain period of time. The following are some of the records businesses typically need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to keep your return or relevant records.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests keeping employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other overseeing bodies have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically recommended to shred these after one year, unless you they are needed for tax returns.
- Customer Records: Use your discernment for how long you need to keep these, for example, if there could be a refund down the line. Once they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that period is passed, they should be destroyed as they not only contain sensitive medical information, but a Annandale, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Annandale, VA are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Annandale, VA | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Annandale, VA, you are hiring a team dedicated to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and provide the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Annandale, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.