Shredding Services Annandale, VA
Shredding Services in Annandale, VA. Data destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Annandale, VA can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Annandale, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Annandale, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Annandale, VA business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most common motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online these days, there are still wrongdoers rummaging through paper-filled trash bags to locate personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer needed should be shredded. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still occasionally be put back together manually or with particular software. Hiring professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of unnecessary paper can create messy workplace, whether they're using up space on a desk, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Annandale, VA will allow you to put more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a higher emphasis on personal information than there is right now. Utilizing shredding services for unneeded documents will guard against liability and safeguard your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, reducing the amount of trees that need to be cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to spread quickly. Clearing out large heaps of paper will help protect your employees and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself takes time, with the mechanical tasks of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder one by one. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of advantages to going paperless, including several of the reasons mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of transforming your documents into secure servers. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, have a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for filing and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Annandale, VA, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-off bulk shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Annandale, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Annandale, VA Shredding Services
Document destruction occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is a vital part of protecting any Annandale, VA business and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be destroyed fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to hold onto specific records for a specified number of years. Below are some of the documents businesses usually need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to keep your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises retaining employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to hang onto them. OSHA and other regulatory bodies have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that time frame has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally recommended to discard these after one year, unless you they are needed for tax returns.
- Client Documents: Use your common sense for how long you need to retain these, for example, if there could be a dispute in the future. Once they are not required anymore they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only contain personal medical information, but a Annandale, VA patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Annandale, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Annandale, VA | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Annandale, VA, you are hiring a team devoted to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than two and a half decades and offer the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in Annandale, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.