Shredding Services Takoma Park, MD
Shredding Services in Takoma Park, MD. Data destruction has been around since shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the modern world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Takoma Park, MD can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Takoma Park, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Takoma Park, MD Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Takoma Park, MD business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still lawbreakers searching through paper-filled trash cans to locate personal information including addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are not needed anymore should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability manually or with particular software. Hiring professional shredding services will assure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state regulations require that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you follow are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're taking up space on a table, in drawers, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Takoma Park, MD will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is today. Employing shredding services for unnecessary documents will protect you from liability and protect your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, reducing the amount of trees that need to be cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to escalate fast. Getting rid of large stacks of paper will help protect your employees and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the mundane tasks of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are multiple benefits to going paperless, including many of the reasons mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of converting your documents into secure servers. As we help you with the switch, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, take a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Takoma Park, MD, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-off bulk shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Takoma Park, MD are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Takoma Park, MD Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a vital aspect of protecting any Takoma Park, MD company and keeping it efficient. Some records can be disposed of after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that oblige you to hold onto particular documents for a specified number of years. The following are some of the records businesses generally need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to keep your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually recommended to shred these after a year, unless you they are needed for tax purposes.
- Client Records: Use your common sense for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there might be a dispute in the future. After they are not required anymore they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time frames for how long healthcare providers should retain records. After that time frame, they should be shredded as they not only contain private medical information, but a Takoma Park, MD patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Takoma Park, MD include:
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
Shredding Services in Takoma Park, MD | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Takoma Park, MD, you are hiring a team dedicated to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and give the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Takoma Park, MD, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.