Shredding Services Takoma Park, MD
Shredding Services in Takoma Park, MD. Document destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that manages private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in Takoma Park, MD can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Takoma Park, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Takoma Park, MD Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Takoma Park, MD business be more cost-efficient and shield you from liability. Below are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still wrongdoers rummaging through paper-filled trash cans to locate personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be put back together manually or with special software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be sufficiently and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of superfluous paper can create an untidy workplace, whether they're consuming room on a table, in drawers, or in a storage area. Cluttered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Takoma Park, MD will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a higher focus on personal information than there is right now. Utilizing shredding services for superfluous documents will protect you from liability and protect your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, reducing the amount of trees that need to be cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to spread quickly. Getting rid of large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself takes time, with the mindless chores of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad advantages to going paperless, including a few of the things referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of converting your data into secure servers. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical office, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Takoma Park, MD, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Takoma Park, MD are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Takoma Park, MD Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a key part of shielding any Takoma Park, MD company and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be disposed of after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to retain specific documents for a certain period of time. Below are some of the documents businesses usually need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to retain your return or related documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to hang onto them. OSHA and other overseeing agencies have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time frame has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally recommended to destroy these after a year, unless you they are needed for tax purposes.
- Customer Records: Trust your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for example, if there might be a dispute in the future. Once they are not needed anymore they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time frames for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only include sensitive medical information, but a Takoma Park, MD patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Takoma Park, MD are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Takoma Park, MD | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Takoma Park, MD, you are outsourcing to a team dedicated to finding the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and provide the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Takoma Park, MD, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.