Shredding Services Los Angeles, CA
Shredding Services in Los Angeles, CA. Data destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the present-day world, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own data and their employee's data are protected. HITS's shredding services in Los Angeles, CA can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Los Angeles, CA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Los Angeles, CA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Los Angeles, CA business save on cost and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most common motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still wrongdoers going through paper-filled trash cans to locate personal information such as addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are not required anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be put back together manually or with particular software. Hiring professional shredding services will assure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state regulations dictate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be properly and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of superfluous paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're consuming room on a table, in drawers, or in a storage area. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Los Angeles, CA will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is currently. Employing shredding services for unnecessary documents will protect you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, lowering the quantity of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to escalate fast. Disposing of large piles of paper will help protect your employees and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the tedious chores of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder individually. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous benefits to going paperless, including a few of the reasons referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of converting your data into secure clouds. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, have a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Los Angeles, CA, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-off bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Los Angeles, CA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Los Angeles, CA Shredding Services
Destroying documents sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is a significant aspect of shielding any Los Angeles, CA business and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be shredded relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to retain specific records for a specified number of years. The following are some of the records businesses commonly need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to keep your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends keeping employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other overseeing administrations have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually suggested to shred these after a year, unless you they are required for tax returns.
- Customer Documents: Use your common sense for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there might be a dispute in the future. After they are no longer required they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time frames for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only include confidential medical information, but a Los Angeles, CA patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Los Angeles, CA are:
Shredding Services in Los Angeles, CA | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Los Angeles, CA, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and provide the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Los Angeles, CA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.