Shredding Services Independence, MO
Shredding Services in Independence, MO. Data destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the modern world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own information and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Independence, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Independence, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Independence, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Independence, MO business save on cost and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most common motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online these days, there are still wrongdoers searching through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be put back together by hand or with particular software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be effectively and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of superfluous paper can create a disordered workplace, whether they're consuming space on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Untidy workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Independence, MO will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a greater emphasis on personal information than there is presently. Employing shredding services for unneeded documents will guard against liability and safeguard your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, limiting the amount of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow fast. Getting rid of large piles of paper will help protect your workers and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the rote chores of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS improves your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous benefits to going paperless, including many of the things referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of converting your documents into secure servers. As we assist you with the conversion, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical office, have a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing records.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Independence, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Independence, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Independence, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a vital aspect of protecting any Independence, MO business and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be disposed of relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to hold onto certain records for a particular period of time. The following are some of the documents businesses generally need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to hold onto your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends retaining employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have conditions for how long you should retain HR records, but after that time limit has passed it is recommended to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally advised to discard these after one year, unless you require them for your tax returns.
- Customer Records: Use your judgment for how long you need to retain these, for example, if there might be a refund down the line. After they are no longer required they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be disposed of right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should retain records. After that time frame, they should be destroyed as they not only include sensitive medical information, but a Independence, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Independence, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Independence, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Independence, MO, you are hiring a team dedicated to identifying the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and offer the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Independence, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.