Shredding Services Independence, MO
Shredding Services in Independence, MO. Data destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Independence, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Independence, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Independence, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Independence, MO business be more cost-efficient and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online these days, there are still wrongdoers searching through paper-filled trash bags to find personal information such as addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability by hand or with specific software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you observe are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of unneeded paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're taking up space on a table, in drawers, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Independence, MO will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a higher focus on personal information than there is right now. Utilizing shredding services for superfluous documents will protect you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, decreasing the number of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow fast. Clearing out large heaps of paper will help protect your staff and your office.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself takes time, with the dull tasks of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are countless benefits to going paperless, including several of the reasons mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your documents into secure clouds. As we assist you with the conversion, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, have a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing data.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in Independence, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-time volume shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Independence, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Independence, MO Shredding Services
Document destruction occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is a key aspect of protecting any Independence, MO business and keeping it efficient. Some records can be destroyed relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to keep specific records for a certain period of time. The following are some of the records businesses usually need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to retain your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other overseeing agencies have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time limit has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually suggested to destroy these after one year, unless you they are required for tax purposes.
- Customer Documents: Trust your discernment for how long you need to keep these, for example, if there may be a dispute in the future. Once they are no longer needed they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be shredded at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that time frame, they should be destroyed as they not only include sensitive medical information, but a Independence, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Independence, MO are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Independence, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Independence, MO, you are outsourcing to a team dedicated to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and provide the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Independence, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.