Shredding Services Columbia, MO
Shredding Services in Columbia, MO. Document destruction has been around since pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who handles private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own data and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Columbia, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Columbia, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Columbia, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Columbia, MO business save on cost and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most frequent motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still criminals going through paper-filled trash bags to locate personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are not required anymore should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability manually or with particular software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will assure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations require that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unnecessary paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're taking up room on a table, in drawers, or in a closet. Untidy workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Columbia, MO will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is today. Employing shredding services for unnecessary documents will protect you from liability and preserve your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, lowering the amount of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacks of paper, supplies fuel for fires and allows them to grow quickly. Disposing of large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the dull chores of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one by one. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad advantages to going paperless, including many of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of transforming your data into secure clouds. As we help you with the conversion, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical office, take a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for filing and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Columbia, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Columbia, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Columbia, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is an important aspect of shielding any Columbia, MO business and keeping it efficient. Some records can be shredded fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to hold onto certain documents for a certain period of time. Below are some of the documents businesses typically need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to hold onto your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests retaining employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time frame has passed it is advised to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically recommended to destroy these after a year, unless you require them for your tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Use your common sense for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there could be a dispute in the future. After they are not required anymore they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. After that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only contain confidential medical information, but a Columbia, MO patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Columbia, MO are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Columbia, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Columbia, MO, you are outsourcing to a team committed to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than two and a half decades and offer the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Columbia, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.