Shredding Services Columbia, MO
Shredding Services in Columbia, MO. Document destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the contemporary world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Columbia, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Columbia, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Columbia, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Columbia, MO business save on cost and protect you from liability. Below are eight of the most common motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still wrongdoers searching through paper-filled refuse cans to find personal information such as addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are not needed anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability by hand or with special software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be sufficiently and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you follow are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unneeded paper can create messy workplace, whether they're using up room on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a storage area. Cluttered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Columbia, MO will allow you to get more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is presently. Utilizing shredding services for unnecessary documents will guard against liability and preserve your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, lowering the number of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, supplies fuel for fires and allows them to spread quickly. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your employees and your office.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the dull chores of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of advantages to going paperless, including a few of the things mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your records into secure clouds. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, check out our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing records.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Columbia, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-time bulk shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Columbia, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Columbia, MO Shredding Services
Document destruction has a negative connotation with some people, but it is an important aspect of shielding any Columbia, MO business and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be destroyed after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to retain certain records for a particular period of time. Below are some of the documents businesses typically need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to keep your return or relevant records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends keeping employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to keep them. OSHA and other regulatory entities have conditions for how long you should retain HR records, but after that time frame has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually recommended to discard these after a year, unless you they are required for tax returns.
- Client Records: Use your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for example, if there might be a dispute down the line. Once they are not needed anymore they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only include confidential medical information, but a Columbia, MO patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Columbia, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Columbia, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Columbia, MO, you are outsourcing to a team committed to discovering the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and offer the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Columbia, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.