Shredding Services Alexandria, VA
Shredding Services in Alexandria, VA. Data destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in Alexandria, VA can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Alexandria, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Alexandria, VA Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Alexandria, VA business save on cost and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online these days, there are still criminals searching through paper-filled trash cans to locate personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are not required anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability manually or with specific software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will never be used.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be effectively and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you observe are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of unneeded paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're consuming space on a work surface, in drawers, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Alexandria, VA will allow you to put more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a higher focus on personal information than there is presently. Employing shredding services for unneeded documents will protect you from liability and safeguard your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, lowering the amount of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to escalate fast. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your workers and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally takes time, with the rote tasks of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder one by one. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of advantages to going paperless, including a few of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of converting your documents into secure clouds. As we assist you with the conversion, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, check out our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Alexandria, VA, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-off volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Alexandria, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Alexandria, VA Shredding Services
Document destruction occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is an important aspect of protecting any Alexandria, VA business and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be destroyed after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to retain certain documents for a specified number of years. Below are some of the records businesses usually need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends holding onto employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other overseeing agencies have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually advised to shred these after a year, unless you they are needed for tax returns.
- Customer Documents: Use your discernment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there may be a refund down the line. Once they are no longer needed they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be destroyed right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only include personal medical information, but a Alexandria, VA patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Alexandria, VA include:
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
Shredding Services in Alexandria, VA | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Alexandria, VA, you are hiring a team dedicated to identifying the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and give the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Alexandria, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.