Shredding Services Alexandria, VA
Shredding Services in Alexandria, VA. Document destruction was probably invented pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who has access to private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own data and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Alexandria, VA can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Alexandria, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Alexandria, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Alexandria, VA business save on cost and shield you from liability. Below are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still criminals searching through paper-filled refuse bags to find personal information such as addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are not required anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability by hand or with special software. Hiring professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state laws require that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you follow are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of unneeded paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're using up space on a table, in drawers, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Alexandria, VA will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a greater emphasis on personal information than there is currently. Employing shredding services for unnecessary documents will guard against liability and safeguard your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, limiting the amount of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to escalate fast. Clearing out large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the mechanical chores of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of benefits to going paperless, including several of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of transforming your records into secure servers. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for filing and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Alexandria, VA, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-off bulk shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Alexandria, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Alexandria, VA Shredding Services
Shredding documents sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is an important aspect of protecting any Alexandria, VA company and keeping it efficient. Some records can be destroyed relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to hold onto certain documents for a certain period of time. The following are some of the documents businesses generally need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to keep your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises holding onto employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have conditions for how long you should retain HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually advised to discard these after one year, unless you they are needed for tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Trust your discernment for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there could be a dispute down the line. After they are no longer required they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be disposed of straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only include confidential medical information, but a Alexandria, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Alexandria, VA are:
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
Shredding Services in Alexandria, VA | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Alexandria, VA, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to finding the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and provide the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Alexandria, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.