Shredding Services Reston, VA
Shredding Services in Reston, VA. Data destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Reston, VA can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Reston, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Reston, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Reston, VA business save on cost and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most common motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still lawbreakers going through paper-filled trash bags to find personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are not needed anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability manually or with special software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be properly and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you act in accordance with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unneeded paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're using up space on a desk, in filing cabinets, or in a storage area. Untidy workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Reston, VA will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a higher focus on personal information than there is presently. Employing shredding services for unnecessary documents will shield you from liability and protect your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, reducing the number of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, provides fuel for fires and allows them to spread fast. Getting rid of large piles of paper will help protect your employees and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the dull tasks of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are multiple advantages to going paperless, including several of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of converting your records into secure clouds. As we help you with the conversion, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Reston, VA, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-time bulk shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Reston, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Reston, VA Shredding Services
Document destruction has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a significant aspect of shielding any Reston, VA company and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be disposed of after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to keep certain documents for a particular period of time. Below are some of the records businesses generally need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to retain your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other overseeing administrations have conditions for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is recommended to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally suggested to discard these after one year, unless you need them for your tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Use your common sense for how long you need to hold onto these, for example, if there may be a dispute in the future. Once they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be shredded right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. After that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only contain personal medical information, but a Reston, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Reston, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Reston, VA | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Reston, VA, you are hiring a team committed to identifying the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and provide the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Reston, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.