Shredding Services Reston, VA
Shredding Services in Reston, VA. Document destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who has access to private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own information and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Reston, VA can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Reston, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Reston, VA Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Reston, VA business save on cost and protect you from liability. Below are eight of the most common reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still lawbreakers rummaging through paper-filled refuse bags to locate personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be put back together by hand or with specific software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will never be used.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state regulations dictate that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be sufficiently and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you act in accordance with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of superfluous paper can create messy workplace, whether they're taking up room on a work surface, in drawers, or in a storage unit. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Reston, VA will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is today. Utilizing shredding services for superfluous documents will protect you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of metropolitan trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, lowering the amount of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow quickly. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your employees and your office.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the tedious tasks of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are countless benefits to going paperless, including several of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of converting your documents into secure servers. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for filing and accessing records.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Reston, VA, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Reston, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Reston, VA Shredding Services
Shredding documents sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is an important part of protecting any Reston, VA business and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be shredded after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that oblige you to keep particular records for a certain period of time. Below are some of the records businesses usually need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to keep your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises keeping employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have conditions for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time limit has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually suggested to discard these after one year, unless you need them for your tax purposes.
- Client Records: Trust your judgment for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there may be a refund in the future. Once they are not needed anymore they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be disposed of at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only contain confidential medical information, but a Reston, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Reston, VA are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Reston, VA | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Reston, VA, you are hiring a team committed to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and offer the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Reston, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.