Shredding Services Jefferson City, MO
Shredding Services in Jefferson City, MO. Data destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the modern world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own data and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in Jefferson City, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Jefferson City, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Jefferson City, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Jefferson City, MO business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still criminals rummaging through paper-filled trash bags to locate personal information including addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability by hand or with particular software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you follow are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of unneeded paper can create a cluttered workplace, whether they're taking up space on a desk, in drawers, or in a storage unit. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Jefferson City, MO will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is today. Utilizing shredding services for unneeded documents will shield you from liability and preserve your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of city trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, lowering the amount of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, provides fuel for fires and allows them to grow fast. Getting rid of large piles of paper will help protect your workers and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself is time-consuming, with the dull tasks of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of benefits to going paperless, including several of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of changing your documents into secure clouds. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical office, take a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing data.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Jefferson City, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-time bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Jefferson City, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Jefferson City, MO Shredding Services
Document destruction sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is an important part of protecting any Jefferson City, MO business and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be destroyed after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to keep certain records for a particular period of time. The following are some of the records businesses usually need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to keep your return or the supporting documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends keeping employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to hang onto them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have requirements for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally advised to shred these after one year, unless you require them for your tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Use your common sense for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there might be a dispute in the future. Once they are no longer needed they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be shredded right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only contain private medical information, but a Jefferson City, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Jefferson City, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Jefferson City, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Jefferson City, MO, you are hiring a team devoted to finding the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and offer the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in Jefferson City, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.