Shredding Services Arlington, VA
Shredding Services in Arlington, VA. Data destruction has been around since shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to verify their own information and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Arlington, VA can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Arlington, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Arlington, VA Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Arlington, VA business save on cost and protect you from liability. Below are eight of the most common reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online these days, there are still criminals searching through paper-filled refuse bags to locate personal information including addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be put back together manually or with particular software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you act in accordance with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unneeded paper can create messy workplace, whether they're using up room on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Arlington, VA will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is presently. Utilizing shredding services for unnecessary documents will guard against liability and preserve your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of metropolitan trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, decreasing the amount of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, provides fuel for fires and allows them to spread quickly. Clearing out large heaps of paper will help protect your workers and your office.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally takes time, with the mundane chores of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad advantages to going paperless, including several of the things referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of converting your data into secure servers. As we assist you with the conversion, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, take a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for filing and accessing records.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in Arlington, VA, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-time bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Arlington, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Arlington, VA Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a vital aspect of protecting any Arlington, VA company and keeping it efficient. Some records can be shredded relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to hold onto particular documents for a specified number of years. The following are some of the documents businesses commonly need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to retain your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends keeping employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other overseeing agencies have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is advised to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually recommended to discard these after one year, unless you they are required for tax purposes.
- Customer Records: Trust your judgment for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there may be a dispute down the line. Once they are no longer required they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be shredded right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. After that period is passed, they should be destroyed as they not only include confidential medical information, but a Arlington, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Arlington, VA are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Arlington, VA | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Arlington, VA, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and provide the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Arlington, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.