Shredding Services Arlington, VA
Shredding Services in Arlington, VA. Document destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Arlington, VA can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Arlington, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Arlington, VA Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Arlington, VA business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most common reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online these days, there are still criminals searching through paper-filled refuse cans to find personal information including addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be put back together manually or with particular software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations dictate that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be sufficiently and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you comply with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unnecessary paper can create messy workplace, whether they're using up space on a desk, in filing cabinets, or in a storage unit. Disordered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Arlington, VA will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a greater focus on personal information than there is right now. Using shredding services for unnecessary documents will shield you from liability and preserve your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of municipal trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, reducing the number of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow fast. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your staff and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the tedious chores of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder individually. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of benefits to going paperless, including several of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your documents into secure clouds. As we help you with the switch, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Arlington, VA, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Arlington, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Arlington, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a key part of shielding any Arlington, VA business and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be destroyed after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to retain certain documents for a specified number of years. Below are some of the records businesses generally need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to keep your return or related documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other regulatory bodies have requirements for how long you should retain HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically recommended to discard these after one year, unless you they are needed for tax returns.
- Customer Records: Trust your discernment for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there might be a dispute in the future. Once they are no longer required they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. After that period is passed, they should be destroyed as they not only include personal medical information, but a Arlington, VA patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Arlington, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Arlington, VA | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Arlington, VA, you are hiring a team devoted to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and give the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Arlington, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.