Shredding Services Rockville, MD
Shredding Services in Rockville, MD. Document destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the present-day world, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to verify their own information and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in Rockville, MD can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Rockville, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Rockville, MD Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Rockville, MD business be more cost-efficient and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online these days, there are still criminals rummaging through paper-filled trash cans to locate personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are not needed anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability manually or with particular software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws require that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be effectively and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of unneeded paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're using up room on a work surface, in drawers, or in a storage area. Disordered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Rockville, MD will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is currently. Employing shredding services for unneeded documents will guard against liability and safeguard your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of metropolitan trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, lowering the number of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow quickly. Clearing out large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your office.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the dull tasks of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are countless benefits to going paperless, including a few of the things referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your documents into secure clouds. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, take a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Rockville, MD, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Rockville, MD are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Rockville, MD Shredding Services
Destroying documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a significant part of protecting any Rockville, MD business and keeping it efficient. Some records can be shredded after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that oblige you to hold onto certain documents for a specified number of years. The following are some of the documents businesses typically need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to retain your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have requirements for how long you should keep HR records, but after that time limit has passed it is advised to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually suggested to destroy these after one year, unless you need them for your tax returns.
- Client Documents: Trust your judgment for how long you need to retain these, for instance, if there could be a dispute down the line. Once they are not required anymore they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be disposed of at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. After that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only include private medical information, but a Rockville, MD patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Rockville, MD include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
Shredding Services in Rockville, MD | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Rockville, MD, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and provide the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Rockville, MD, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.