Shredding Services Rockville, MD
Shredding Services in Rockville, MD. Document destruction was probably invented pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own information and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Rockville, MD can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Rockville, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Rockville, MD Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Rockville, MD business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most frequent reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online these days, there are still lawbreakers going through paper-filled refuse cans to locate personal information including addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer needed should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be put back together by hand or with specific software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state regulations require that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be effectively and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of unnecessary paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're consuming space on a table, in drawers, or in a storage area. Disordered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Rockville, MD will allow you to get more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is right now. Employing shredding services for unnecessary documents will guard against liability and protect your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of metropolitan trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, limiting the quantity of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to escalate fast. Disposing of large stacks of paper will help protect your employees and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the tedious chores of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of advantages to going paperless, including a few of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of transforming your data into secure clouds. As we assist you with the switch, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, have a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing records.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Rockville, MD, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Rockville, MD are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Rockville, MD Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a vital aspect of shielding any Rockville, MD company and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be destroyed after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to retain specific records for a certain period of time. The following are some of the documents businesses usually need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises holding onto employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory bodies have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically advised to shred these after a year, unless you they are needed for tax returns.
- Customer Documents: Trust your discernment for how long you need to hold onto these, for example, if there may be a refund in the future. Once they are not required anymore they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only include private medical information, but a Rockville, MD patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Rockville, MD are:
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
Shredding Services in Rockville, MD | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Rockville, MD, you are hiring a team dedicated to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and offer the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in Rockville, MD, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.