Shredding Services Lee’s Summit, MO
Shredding Services in Lee’s Summit, MO. Data destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the modern world, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Lee’s Summit, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Lee’s Summit, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Lee’s Summit, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Lee’s Summit, MO business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online these days, there are still wrongdoers rummaging through paper-filled refuse bags to find personal information such as addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer needed should be shredded. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still occasionally be put back together manually or with special software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state laws require that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be effectively and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you observe are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of superfluous paper can create a cluttered workplace, whether they're taking up room on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Untidy workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Lee’s Summit, MO will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a greater emphasis on personal information than there is currently. Utilizing shredding services for unneeded documents will guard against liability and preserve your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, lowering the amount of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to escalate fast. Getting rid of large piles of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself takes time, with the mechanical chores of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder one by one. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of benefits to going paperless, including a few of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your data into secure clouds. As we assist you with the conversion, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, check out our innovative STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing data.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Lee’s Summit, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-time volume shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Lee’s Summit, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Lee’s Summit, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is a vital aspect of shielding any Lee’s Summit, MO company and keeping it efficient. Some records can be shredded after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to retain certain records for a particular period of time. Below are some of the records businesses generally need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to keep your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises keeping employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other overseeing bodies have conditions for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time frame has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually recommended to destroy these after a year, unless you they are required for tax returns.
- Customer Documents: Trust your judgment for how long you need to retain these, for instance, if there could be a dispute in the future. After they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be disposed of at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only include sensitive medical information, but a Lee’s Summit, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Lee’s Summit, MO are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Lee’s Summit, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Lee’s Summit, MO, you are hiring a team devoted to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and give the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in Lee’s Summit, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.