Shredding Services Fairfax, VA
Shredding Services in Fairfax, VA. Data destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the contemporary world, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in Fairfax, VA can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Fairfax, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Fairfax, VA Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Fairfax, VA business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still criminals searching through paper-filled refuse cans to find personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still occasionally be put back together manually or with specific software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will never be used.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state laws stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be properly and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you observe are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can create messy workplace, whether they're using up space on a desk, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Untidy workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Fairfax, VA will allow you to get more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is right now. Employing shredding services for unnecessary documents will shield you from liability and preserve your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, decreasing the quantity of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to spread fast. Disposing of large heaps of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself takes time, with the mindless tasks of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one by one. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of benefits to going paperless, including many of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of converting your documents into secure servers. As we help you with the switch, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical office, have a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing records.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Fairfax, VA, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Fairfax, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Fairfax, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is a significant aspect of shielding any Fairfax, VA business and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be disposed of relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to keep particular records for a specified number of years. Below are some of the records businesses commonly need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to retain your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends keeping employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other overseeing entities have conditions for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is advised to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally recommended to destroy these after a year, unless you they are needed for tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Use your discernment for how long you need to retain these, for example, if there could be a refund in the future. After they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be disposed of straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. After that time frame, they should be shredded as they not only contain private medical information, but a Fairfax, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Fairfax, VA include:
Shredding Services in Fairfax, VA | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Fairfax, VA, you are hiring a team dedicated to identifying the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than two and a half decades and give the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in Fairfax, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.