Shredding Services St. Peters, MO
Shredding Services in St. Peters, MO. Data destruction was probably invented pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the present-day world, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in St. Peters, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in St. Peters, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | St. Peters, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your St. Peters, MO business be more cost-efficient and shield you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still wrongdoers searching through paper-filled trash cans to locate personal information such as addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be put back together manually or with specific software. Hiring professional shredding services will assure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations require that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you comply with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can create messy workplace, whether they're taking up space on a desk, in drawers, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in St. Peters, MO will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is today. Employing shredding services for unneeded documents will protect you from liability and preserve your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of metropolitan trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, reducing the quantity of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow quickly. Getting rid of large piles of paper will help protect your employees and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself is time-consuming, with the mechanical chores of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous benefits to going paperless, including several of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your data into secure servers. As we help you with the switch, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, take a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in St. Peters, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-off volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we provide in St. Peters, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | St. Peters, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a vital aspect of shielding any St. Peters, MO business and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be destroyed after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to hold onto specific documents for a specified number of years. Below are some of the documents businesses generally need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to keep your return or relevant records.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other regulatory administrations have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time limit has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically suggested to shred these after one year, unless you need them for your tax purposes.
- Customer Documents: Use your discernment for how long you need to retain these, for example, if there may be a refund in the future. Once they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only contain sensitive medical information, but a St. Peters, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in St. Peters, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in St. Peters, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in St. Peters, MO, you are hiring a team dedicated to discovering the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and offer the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in St. Peters, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.