Shredding Services Wentzville, MO
Shredding Services in Wentzville, MO. Document destruction has been around since pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the modern world, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who has access to private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own information and their employee's information are protected. HITS's shredding services in Wentzville, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Wentzville, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Wentzville, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Wentzville, MO business save on cost and shield you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still lawbreakers searching through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information such as addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are not required anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be put back together by hand or with special software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state laws stipulate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be effectively and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you act in accordance with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're taking up space on a desk, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Wentzville, MO will allow you to put more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a higher emphasis on personal information than there is presently. Employing shredding services for unnecessary documents will protect you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, limiting the amount of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to spread fast. Getting rid of large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your office.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself takes time, with the mindless chores of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad benefits to going paperless, including several of the things referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of converting your documents into secure servers. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, have a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing data.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Wentzville, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-time volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Wentzville, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Wentzville, MO Shredding Services
Document destruction has a negative connotation with some people, but it is an important aspect of shielding any Wentzville, MO company and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be destroyed relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to keep specific records for a specified number of years. Below are some of the documents businesses generally need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests retaining employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to hang onto them. OSHA and other overseeing agencies have requirements for how long you should retain HR records, but after that time limit has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically recommended to shred these after a year, unless you require them for your tax purposes.
- Client Records: Trust your discernment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there could be a dispute down the line. Once they are no longer needed they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. After that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only include personal medical information, but a Wentzville, MO patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Wentzville, MO are:
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
Shredding Services in Wentzville, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Wentzville, MO, you are outsourcing to a team committed to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and give the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Wentzville, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.