Shredding Services Wentzville, MO
Shredding Services in Wentzville, MO. Data destruction has been around since pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who handles private information. Any business also needs to verify their own information and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in Wentzville, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Wentzville, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Wentzville, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Wentzville, MO business save on cost and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still wrongdoers going through paper-filled trash bags to locate personal information such as addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be put back together manually or with special software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will never be used.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you observe are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of unneeded paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're using up room on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Wentzville, MO will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is right now. Using shredding services for unnecessary documents will protect you from liability and protect your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, decreasing the amount of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow fast. Clearing out large heaps of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the dull tasks of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous benefits to going paperless, including a few of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of converting your documents into secure servers. As we help you with the switch, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, take a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing records.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Wentzville, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-time bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Wentzville, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Wentzville, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is an important aspect of protecting any Wentzville, MO business and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be shredded fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to keep particular documents for a certain period of time. Below are some of the documents businesses typically need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or the supporting documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have conditions for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time limit has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally advised to discard these after a year, unless you they are needed for tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Use your discernment for how long you need to keep these, for example, if there may be a dispute in the future. Once they are no longer needed they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be shredded right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only include private medical information, but a Wentzville, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Wentzville, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Wentzville, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Wentzville, MO, you are outsourcing to a team dedicated to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and provide the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in Wentzville, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.