Shredding Services Atlanta, GA
Shredding Services in Atlanta, GA. Data destruction was probably invented pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and their employee's information are safe. HITS's shredding services in Atlanta, GA can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Atlanta, GA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Atlanta, GA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Atlanta, GA business save on cost and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most common motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still lawbreakers rummaging through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information such as addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be put back together by hand or with special software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be effectively and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of unneeded paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're using up room on a work surface, in drawers, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Atlanta, GA will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a higher focus on personal information than there is right now. Employing shredding services for unneeded documents will protect you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, decreasing the quantity of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow fast. Clearing out large piles of paper will help protect your workers and your office.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the tedious chores of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of benefits to going paperless, including a few of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your records into secure clouds. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical office, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Atlanta, GA, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Atlanta, GA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Atlanta, GA Shredding Services
Shredding documents sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is a significant aspect of shielding any Atlanta, GA business and keeping it efficient. Some records can be destroyed fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to hold onto particular records for a particular period of time. Below are some of the records businesses commonly need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to retain your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends keeping employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to hang onto them. OSHA and other regulatory bodies have conditions for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually advised to destroy these after one year, unless you need them for your tax purposes.
- Customer Records: Use your discernment for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there may be a dispute down the line. Once they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only include private medical information, but a Atlanta, GA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Atlanta, GA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Atlanta, GA | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Atlanta, GA, you are outsourcing to a team committed to finding the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and give the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Atlanta, GA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.