Shredding Services New York City, NY
Shredding Services in New York City, NY. Data destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the contemporary world, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in New York City, NY can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in New York City, NY, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | New York City, NY Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your New York City, NY business save on cost and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most common reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still criminals rummaging through paper-filled refuse cans to locate personal information such as addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still occasionally be put back together by hand or with special software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws require that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of superfluous paper can create messy workplace, whether they're taking up space on a desk, in drawers, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in New York City, NY will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a greater focus on personal information than there is right now. Utilizing shredding services for superfluous documents will shield you from liability and protect your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, lowering the number of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacks of paper, provides fuel for fires and allows them to grow quickly. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your employees and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the rote chores of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder individually. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS improves your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad benefits to going paperless, including many of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of transforming your documents into secure servers. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical office, have a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for filing and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in New York City, NY, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in New York City, NY are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | New York City, NY Shredding Services
Document destruction sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is a key part of shielding any New York City, NY company and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be shredded after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to hold onto certain documents for a particular period of time. Below are some of the documents businesses typically need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to retain your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests holding onto employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other regulatory entities have requirements for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically suggested to discard these after a year, unless you need them for your tax returns.
- Customer Records: Trust your judgment for how long you need to retain these, for instance, if there may be a refund in the future. Once they are not needed anymore they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be disposed of straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only contain private medical information, but a New York City, NY patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in New York City, NY include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in New York City, NY | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in New York City, NY, you are outsourcing to a team committed to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and give the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in New York City, NY, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.