Shredding Services O’Fallon, MO
Shredding Services in O’Fallon, MO. Document destruction has been around since shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the present-day world, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own information and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in O’Fallon, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in O’Fallon, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | O’Fallon, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your O’Fallon, MO business save on cost and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still criminals going through paper-filled trash cans to locate personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability by hand or with special software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state laws require that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you comply with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unnecessary paper can create messy workplace, whether they're using up room on a desk, in drawers, or in a storage unit. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in O’Fallon, MO will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is presently. Using shredding services for unneeded documents will protect you from liability and protect your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, reducing the amount of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to escalate fast. Disposing of large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the dull tasks of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS improves your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are countless advantages to going paperless, including several of the reasons referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of transforming your records into secure clouds. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical office, check out our innovative STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in O’Fallon, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-time volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we offer in O’Fallon, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | O’Fallon, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a significant part of protecting any O’Fallon, MO business and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be disposed of fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to keep certain records for a specified number of years. The following are some of the records businesses generally need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to hold onto your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests holding onto employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to keep them. OSHA and other overseeing entities have conditions for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is advised to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually recommended to shred these after one year, unless you require them for your tax returns.
- Customer Records: Trust your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for example, if there may be a dispute down the line. Once they are not needed anymore they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only include personal medical information, but a O’Fallon, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in O’Fallon, MO are:
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
Shredding Services in O’Fallon, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in O’Fallon, MO, you are hiring a team dedicated to finding the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and provide the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in O’Fallon, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.