Shredding Services Falls Church, VA
Shredding Services in Falls Church, VA. Data destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the contemporary world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that manages private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own information and their employee's information are safe. HITS's shredding services in Falls Church, VA can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Falls Church, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Falls Church, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Falls Church, VA business save on cost and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still wrongdoers going through paper-filled refuse bags to find personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be put back together manually or with particular software. Hiring professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will never be used.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state regulations require that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be sufficiently and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can create an untidy workplace, whether they're using up room on a table, in drawers, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Falls Church, VA will permit you to put more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a greater emphasis on personal information than there is currently. Utilizing shredding services for unneeded documents will guard against liability and safeguard your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of municipal waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, reducing the number of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, provides fuel for fires and allows them to escalate quickly. Disposing of large heaps of paper will help protect your staff and your office.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself is time-consuming, with the mechanical chores of unfastening staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are multiple benefits to going paperless, including several of the things mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of transforming your data into secure servers. As we assist you with the conversion, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, have a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Falls Church, VA, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Falls Church, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Falls Church, VA Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a key part of protecting any Falls Church, VA company and keeping it efficient. Some records can be disposed of after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that oblige you to hold onto particular documents for a certain period of time. The following are some of the documents businesses typically need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to keep your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends holding onto employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory bodies have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is advised to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically recommended to shred these after a year, unless you need them for your tax returns.
- Customer Documents: Use your common sense for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there could be a refund in the future. After they are no longer required they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. After that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only include confidential medical information, but a Falls Church, VA patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Falls Church, VA are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Falls Church, VA | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Falls Church, VA, you are hiring a team devoted to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than two and a half decades and give the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Falls Church, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.