Shredding Services Falls Church, VA
Shredding Services in Falls Church, VA. Data destruction was probably invented pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the contemporary world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Falls Church, VA can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Falls Church, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Falls Church, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Falls Church, VA business save on cost and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still lawbreakers going through paper-filled trash bags to locate personal information including addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are no longer required should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still occasionally be put back together by hand or with particular software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will never be used.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unnecessary paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're consuming space on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a storage area. Untidy workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Falls Church, VA will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a higher focus on personal information than there is today. Utilizing shredding services for superfluous documents will shield you from liability and safeguard your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, limiting the quantity of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to spread fast. Getting rid of large stacks of paper will help protect your employees and your office.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself takes time, with the dull chores of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS improves your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of benefits to going paperless, including a few of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of converting your records into secure servers. As we help you with the switch, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical office, have a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Falls Church, VA, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-time bulk shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Falls Church, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Falls Church, VA Shredding Services
Document destruction sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is an important aspect of shielding any Falls Church, VA company and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be disposed of after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that oblige you to keep specific documents for a certain period of time. The following are some of the documents businesses commonly need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to keep your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to hang onto them. OSHA and other overseeing bodies have requirements for how long you should retain HR records, but after that time limit has passed it is recommended to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically suggested to discard these after a year, unless you they are needed for tax returns.
- Customer Records: Trust your discernment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there may be a dispute down the line. Once they are no longer needed they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only contain personal medical information, but a Falls Church, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Falls Church, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Falls Church, VA | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Falls Church, VA, you are hiring a team devoted to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than two and a half decades and provide the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Falls Church, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.