Shredding Services Annapolis, MD
Shredding Services in Annapolis, MD. Document destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the contemporary world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and their employee's data are protected. HITS's shredding services in Annapolis, MD can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Annapolis, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Annapolis, MD Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Annapolis, MD business be more cost-efficient and shield you from liability. Below are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online these days, there are still wrongdoers going through paper-filled trash bags to find personal information such as addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability manually or with specific software. Hiring professional shredding services will guarantee that the private information will never be used.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be sufficiently and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you act in accordance with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're using up space on a work surface, in drawers, or in a storage area. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Annapolis, MD will permit you to put more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a greater focus on personal information than there is today. Using shredding services for unnecessary documents will guard against liability and safeguard your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, lowering the number of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to spread fast. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your employees and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the mundane chores of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of advantages to going paperless, including a few of the reasons referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your data into secure clouds. As we help you with the switch, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, check out our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Annapolis, MD, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-time bulk shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Annapolis, MD are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Annapolis, MD Shredding Services
Document destruction occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is a key aspect of shielding any Annapolis, MD company and keeping it efficient. Some records can be destroyed after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to hold onto certain records for a certain period of time. The following are some of the records businesses generally need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or related documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests retaining employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to keep them. OSHA and other overseeing administrations have requirements for how long you should keep HR records, but after that time limit has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally recommended to discard these after a year, unless you they are required for tax returns.
- Client Documents: Trust your discernment for how long you need to retain these, for example, if there may be a refund in the future. Once they are no longer required they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should retain records. After that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only include confidential medical information, but a Annapolis, MD patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Annapolis, MD are:
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
Shredding Services in Annapolis, MD | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Annapolis, MD, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to identifying the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and offer the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Annapolis, MD, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.