Shredding Services Annapolis, MD
Shredding Services in Annapolis, MD. Document destruction was probably invented pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Annapolis, MD can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Annapolis, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Annapolis, MD Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Annapolis, MD business be more cost-efficient and shield you from liability. The following are eight of the most common motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still wrongdoers rummaging through paper-filled refuse cans to locate personal information such as addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be put back together manually or with special software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations require that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're using up space on a desk, in drawers, or in a storage area. Untidy workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Annapolis, MD will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a higher emphasis on personal information than there is right now. Using shredding services for unneeded documents will guard against liability and protect your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, limiting the amount of trees that need to be cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to grow quickly. Clearing out large heaps of paper will help protect your employees and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself is time-consuming, with the mechanical chores of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one by one. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are multiple benefits to going paperless, including a few of the things mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your data into secure clouds. As we help you with the switch, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, have a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in Annapolis, MD, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-time bulk shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Annapolis, MD are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Annapolis, MD Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is an important part of shielding any Annapolis, MD company and keeping it efficient. Some records can be shredded relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to retain particular documents for a specified number of years. Below are some of the records businesses generally need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to retain your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends keeping employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other overseeing entities have conditions for how long you should retain HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally recommended to shred these after one year, unless you they are required for tax returns.
- Customer Documents: Trust your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there may be a dispute down the line. Once they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be disposed of right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time frames for how long healthcare providers should keep records. After that time frame, they should be disposed of as they not only include private medical information, but a Annapolis, MD patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Annapolis, MD include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Annapolis, MD | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Annapolis, MD, you are hiring a team dedicated to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than two and a half decades and give the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Annapolis, MD, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.