Shredding Services O’Fallon, MO
Shredding Services in O’Fallon, MO. Document destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are needed for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in O’Fallon, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in O’Fallon, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | O’Fallon, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your O’Fallon, MO business be more cost-efficient and shield you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still lawbreakers going through paper-filled refuse bags to locate personal information including addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are not needed anymore should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability by hand or with specific software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will never be used.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state laws require that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be properly and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you obey are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unneeded paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're taking up space on a work surface, in drawers, or in a storage unit. Untidy workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in O’Fallon, MO will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your kids.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a higher focus on personal information than there is right now. Employing shredding services for unneeded documents will protect you from liability and preserve your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, reducing the quantity of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to spread fast. Getting rid of large piles of paper will help protect your employees and your office.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself is time-consuming, with the tedious tasks of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are countless benefits to going paperless, including several of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your data into secure servers. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, take a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in O’Fallon, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-time volume shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in O’Fallon, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | O’Fallon, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is an important aspect of protecting any O’Fallon, MO company and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be destroyed fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to keep particular records for a specified number of years. The following are some of the records businesses typically need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory administrations have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually recommended to destroy these after one year, unless you they are needed for tax purposes.
- Customer Documents: Use your common sense for how long you need to retain these, for example, if there may be a refund down the line. After they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be disposed of immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. After that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only include personal medical information, but a O’Fallon, MO patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in O’Fallon, MO include:
Shredding Services in O’Fallon, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in O’Fallon, MO, you are outsourcing to a team dedicated to discovering the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and offer the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in O’Fallon, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.