Shredding Services Richmond, VA
Shredding Services in Richmond, VA. Document destruction has been around since shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own data and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Richmond, VA can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Richmond, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Richmond, VA Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Richmond, VA business be more cost-efficient and shield you from liability. The following are eight of the most common motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still criminals rummaging through paper-filled trash bags to locate personal information including addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are not required anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability manually or with specific software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will assure that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state regulations require that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you comply with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unneeded paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're consuming space on a table, in filing cabinets, or in a storage unit. Disordered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Richmond, VA will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is today. Employing shredding services for unnecessary documents will shield you from liability and protect your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of city trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, reducing the number of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, provides fuel for fires and allows them to escalate fast. Clearing out large stacks of paper will help protect your workers and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the tedious chores of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS improves your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of benefits to going paperless, including many of the reasons mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your documents into secure servers. As we assist you with the switch, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, take a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Richmond, VA, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-time bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Richmond, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Richmond, VA Shredding Services
Document destruction sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is a vital aspect of protecting any Richmond, VA business and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be disposed of after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to hold onto specific documents for a particular period of time. Below are some of the documents businesses generally need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to retain your return or the supporting documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests keeping employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to retain them. OSHA and other overseeing administrations have requirements for how long you should retain HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually advised to discard these after one year, unless you they are required for tax purposes.
- Customer Documents: Trust your discernment for how long you need to retain these, for instance, if there could be a refund down the line. Once they are no longer needed they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be disposed of immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should retain records. After that time frame, they should be destroyed as they not only contain sensitive medical information, but a Richmond, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Richmond, VA are:
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
Shredding Services in Richmond, VA | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Richmond, VA, you are outsourcing to a team committed to finding the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and give the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Richmond, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.