Shredding Services O’Fallon, MO
Shredding Services in O’Fallon, MO. Data destruction has been around since shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the modern world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who manages private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own information and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in O’Fallon, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in O’Fallon, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | O’Fallon, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your O’Fallon, MO business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still lawbreakers rummaging through paper-filled trash bags to locate personal information including addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are not required anymore should be shredded. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be put back together by hand or with specific software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations require that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're taking up space on a desk, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in O’Fallon, MO will permit you to put more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is right now. Employing shredding services for unnecessary documents will guard against liability and preserve your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of municipal trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, limiting the amount of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to spread quickly. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your workers and your office.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally is time-consuming, with the mindless tasks of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are countless benefits to going paperless, including many of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of converting your data into secure clouds. As we help you with the conversion, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, check out our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for filing and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-efficient and secure document destruction in O’Fallon, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-off volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we offer in O’Fallon, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | O’Fallon, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a significant aspect of protecting any O’Fallon, MO business and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be disposed of after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to hold onto particular records for a certain period of time. Below are some of the documents businesses commonly need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to hold onto your return or related documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to keep them. OSHA and other overseeing bodies have conditions for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time frame has passed it is advised to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically suggested to destroy these after one year, unless you they are needed for tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Trust your common sense for how long you need to retain these, for instance, if there might be a refund down the line. Once they are not needed anymore they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be shredded immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only include private medical information, but a O’Fallon, MO patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Shredding Services in O’Fallon, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in O’Fallon, MO, you are outsourcing to a team committed to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and give the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in O’Fallon, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.