Shredding Services Springfield, MO
Shredding Services in Springfield, MO. Document destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in Springfield, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Springfield, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Springfield, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Springfield, MO business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still wrongdoers going through paper-filled trash bags to locate personal information including addresses and social security numbers. Any documents with personal information that are not required anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be put back together by hand or with special software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will assure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations require that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be properly and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can create a cluttered workplace, whether they're using up space on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Springfield, MO will allow you to put more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is presently. Utilizing shredding services for superfluous documents will protect you from liability and safeguard your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, reducing the amount of trees that need to be cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacks of paper, supplies fuel for fires and allows them to grow fast. Getting rid of large stacks of paper will help protect your workers and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the mindless chores of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder individually. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are multiple advantages to going paperless, including several of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of transforming your data into secure servers. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, have a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for filing and accessing records.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Springfield, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-time bulk shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Springfield, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Springfield, MO Shredding Services
Document destruction occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is an important aspect of shielding any Springfield, MO company and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be shredded relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to hold onto specific documents for a specified number of years. The following are some of the records businesses typically need to to dispose:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes in a period of three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to keep your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends keeping employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other regulatory entities have requirements for how long you should keep HR records, but after that time frame has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally recommended to shred these after one year, unless you need them for your tax returns.
- Client Documents: Trust your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there could be a dispute in the future. Once they are no longer required they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be destroyed at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that period is passed, they should be destroyed as they not only include private medical information, but a Springfield, MO patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Springfield, MO are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Springfield, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Springfield, MO, you are outsourcing to a team committed to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and give the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Springfield, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.