Shredding Services Springfield, MO
Shredding Services in Springfield, MO. Document destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own data and their employee's information are protected. HITS's shredding services in Springfield, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Springfield, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Springfield, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Springfield, MO business save on cost and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still wrongdoers rummaging through paper-filled refuse bags to locate personal information such as addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are not required anymore should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability by hand or with particular software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will never be used.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you observe are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of unneeded paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're consuming room on a desk, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in Springfield, MO will permit you to put more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a higher emphasis on personal information than there is presently. Employing shredding services for superfluous documents will protect you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of city trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, reducing the amount of trees that need to be cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, provides fuel for fires and allows them to escalate fast. Clearing out large heaps of paper will help protect your employees and your office.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the dull tasks of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of advantages to going paperless, including several of the reasons mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your documents into secure servers. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, have a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in Springfield, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Springfield, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Springfield, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is a significant part of shielding any Springfield, MO business and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be destroyed after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to hold onto certain documents for a particular period of time. Below are some of the records businesses commonly need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests holding onto employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory bodies have requirements for how long you should keep HR records, but after that amount of time has passed it is advised to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally suggested to shred these after one year, unless you require them for your tax returns.
- Customer Documents: Use your common sense for how long you need to keep these, for example, if there may be a dispute in the future. After they are not required anymore they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be shredded at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time frames for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only contain confidential medical information, but a Springfield, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Springfield, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Springfield, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Springfield, MO, you are hiring a team dedicated to discovering the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and provide the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Springfield, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.