Shredding Services Blue Springs, MO
Shredding Services in Blue Springs, MO. Document destruction has been around since shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the modern world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own information and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Blue Springs, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Blue Springs, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Blue Springs, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Blue Springs, MO business be more cost-efficient and shield you from liability. Below are eight of the most frequent reasons businesses come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still lawbreakers searching through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are not required anymore should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability manually or with special software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will assure that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws require that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of unnecessary paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're consuming room on a desk, in drawers, or in a storage area. Untidy workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Blue Springs, MO will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a greater focus on personal information than there is presently. Using shredding services for superfluous documents will protect you from liability and preserve your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of municipal waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be converted into recycled paper, decreasing the number of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, supplies fuel for fires and allows them to escalate fast. Disposing of large piles of paper will help protect your employees and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself takes time, with the mundane chores of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder individually. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are multiple benefits to going paperless, including several of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your documents into secure clouds. As we help you with the conversion, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, have a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Blue Springs, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-time volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Blue Springs, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Blue Springs, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is a vital aspect of shielding any Blue Springs, MO company and keeping it efficient. Some records can be disposed of fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to retain certain records for a certain period of time. The following are some of the records businesses commonly need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to retain your return or relevant records.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to retain them. OSHA and other overseeing bodies have conditions for how long you should retain HR records, but after that time frame has passed it is recommended to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally advised to shred these after one year, unless you require them for your tax returns.
- Customer Records: Use your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for example, if there could be a refund down the line. After they are no longer required they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that time frame, they should be shredded as they not only include sensitive medical information, but a Blue Springs, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Blue Springs, MO include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Shredding Services in Blue Springs, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Blue Springs, MO, you are hiring a team dedicated to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and offer the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Blue Springs, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.