Shredding Services Blue Springs, MO
Shredding Services in Blue Springs, MO. Data destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that has access to private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own data and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Blue Springs, MO can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Blue Springs, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Blue Springs, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Blue Springs, MO business save on cost and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most common motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still wrongdoers searching through paper-filled trash bags to find personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability by hand or with particular software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely discarded. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you follow are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of superfluous paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're consuming space on a table, in filing cabinets, or in a storage area. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Blue Springs, MO will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is right now. Utilizing shredding services for superfluous documents will guard against liability and protect your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be turned into recycled paper, decreasing the quantity of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, supplies fuel for fires and allows them to spread fast. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your employees and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the mindless tasks of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS improves your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are multiple benefits to going paperless, including several of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your data into secure clouds. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely destroy your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing records.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Blue Springs, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off bulk shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Blue Springs, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Blue Springs, MO Shredding Services
Document destruction occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is a key part of shielding any Blue Springs, MO business and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be disposed of fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to hold onto particular documents for a particular period of time. The following are some of the documents businesses commonly need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to retain your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests keeping employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory administrations have requirements for how long you should retain HR records, but after that time frame has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually suggested to shred these after one year, unless you they are required for tax returns.
- Client Documents: Use your discernment for how long you need to retain these, for instance, if there could be a dispute in the future. After they are not required anymore they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed straight away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. After that period is passed, they should be destroyed as they not only contain confidential medical information, but a Blue Springs, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Blue Springs, MO are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Blue Springs, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Blue Springs, MO, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to discovering the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and offer the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in Blue Springs, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.