Shredding Services Chicago, IL
Shredding Services in Chicago, IL. Document destruction has been around since pretty soon after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who has access to private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own information and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Chicago, IL can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Chicago, IL, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Chicago, IL Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Chicago, IL business save on cost and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still lawbreakers rummaging through paper-filled trash bags to find personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are not required anymore should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be returned to readability by hand or with special software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations require that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be properly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you observe are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of unnecessary paper can create an untidy workplace, whether they're taking up room on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Chicago, IL will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is currently. Using shredding services for unnecessary documents will guard against liability and protect your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, limiting the amount of trees that need to be chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacks of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to escalate fast. Disposing of large heaps of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the mindless chores of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are countless benefits to going paperless, including several of the things mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of changing your records into secure clouds. As we assist you with the switch, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical office, check out our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing records.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Chicago, IL, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-off volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Chicago, IL are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Chicago, IL Shredding Services
Document destruction has a negative connotation with some people, but it is an important part of protecting any Chicago, IL business and keeping it efficient. Some records can be shredded after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to hold onto certain records for a specified number of years. The following are some of the records businesses typically need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to keep your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS recommends retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to retain them. OSHA and other overseeing bodies have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that time frame has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically advised to shred these after a year, unless you they are needed for tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Trust your judgment for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there could be a dispute down the line. After they are not needed anymore they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be disposed of immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that period is passed, they should be shredded as they not only include sensitive medical information, but a Chicago, IL patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Chicago, IL include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Chicago, IL | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Chicago, IL, you are outsourcing to a team committed to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than two and a half decades and offer the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Chicago, IL, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.