Shredding Services Chicago, IL
Shredding Services in Chicago, IL. Data destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the modern world, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that manages private information. Any business also needs to verify their own information and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in Chicago, IL can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Chicago, IL, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Chicago, IL Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Chicago, IL business save on cost and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still lawbreakers going through paper-filled refuse bags to locate personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still sometimes be put back together by hand or with special software. Outsourcing to professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will never be used.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be adequately and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you comply with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of unnecessary paper can create an untidy workplace, whether they're consuming space on a work surface, in drawers, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Chicago, IL will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a greater emphasis on personal information than there is currently. Using shredding services for superfluous documents will guard against liability and safeguard your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of metropolitan trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, limiting the number of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to spread fast. Clearing out large piles of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally takes time, with the tedious chores of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the paper through the shredder individually. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS improves your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of advantages to going paperless, including several of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your records into secure servers. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, take a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for archiving and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Chicago, IL, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-time volume shred or regular shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Chicago, IL are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Chicago, IL Shredding Services
Document destruction sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is a vital part of shielding any Chicago, IL business and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be disposed of after a relatively period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that oblige you to keep certain documents for a specified number of years. The following are some of the records businesses usually need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to retain your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other overseeing entities have requirements for how long you should keep HR records, but after that time limit has passed it is advised to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically advised to shred these after a year, unless you need them for your tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Use your judgment for how long you need to retain these, for instance, if there could be a dispute in the future. After they are not needed anymore they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be disposed of immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should keep records. Once that period is passed, they should be destroyed as they not only include personal medical information, but a Chicago, IL patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Chicago, IL are:
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
Shredding Services in Chicago, IL | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Chicago, IL, you are hiring a team committed to identifying the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and offer the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in Chicago, IL, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.