Shredding Services St. Charles, MO
Shredding Services in St. Charles, MO. Data destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. In the present-day world, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own information and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in St. Charles, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in St. Charles, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | St. Charles, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your St. Charles, MO business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. Below are eight of the most frequent reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Shields You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still criminals rummaging through paper-filled refuse bags to find personal information including addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be put back together manually or with special software. Hiring professional shredding services will assure that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information such as financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be effectively and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you follow are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of superfluous paper can create a cluttered workplace, whether they're taking up space on a work surface, in drawers, or in a storage area. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in St. Charles, MO will permit you to fill your office with more important things, like that new computer or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is today. Utilizing shredding services for unnecessary documents will protect you from liability and preserve your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper makes up 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, lowering the amount of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, provides fuel for fires and allows them to escalate quickly. Disposing of large piles of paper will help protect your staff and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally is time-consuming, with the mindless tasks of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder individually. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad benefits to going paperless, including a few of the reasons mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your documents into secure clouds. As we help you with the conversion, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, have a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in St. Charles, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-off bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Beyond shredding services, some of the other services we provide in St. Charles, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | St. Charles, MO Shredding Services
Shredding documents occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is a significant aspect of shielding any St. Charles, MO business and keeping it efficient. Some records can be destroyed after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to retain particular documents for a certain period of time. Below are some of the records businesses generally need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to retain your return or related documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other regulatory bodies have conditions for how long you should keep HR records, but after that time limit has passed it is advised to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically advised to discard these after a year, unless you require them for your tax purposes.
- Customer Documents: Use your judgment for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there could be a refund down the line. After they are not needed anymore they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be shredded immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should retain records. After that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only include private medical information, but a St. Charles, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in St. Charles, MO include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
Shredding Services in St. Charles, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in St. Charles, MO, you are outsourcing to a team devoted to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and give the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in St. Charles, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.