Shredding Services St. Charles, MO
Shredding Services in St. Charles, MO. Document destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. In the present-day world, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that manages private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in St. Charles, MO can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in St. Charles, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | St. Charles, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your St. Charles, MO business be more cost-efficient and shield you from liability. Below are eight of the most common motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still criminals rummaging through paper-filled refuse cans to find personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be destroyed. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability manually or with particular software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations require that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be sufficiently and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you comply with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Stacks of superfluous paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're using up space on a table, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Utilizing HITS's shredding services in St. Charles, MO will allow you to get more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a higher focus on personal information than there is today. Utilizing shredding services for unnecessary documents will shield you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, decreasing the amount of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow quickly. Clearing out large stacks of paper will help protect your workers and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself is time-consuming, with the mundane tasks of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder individually. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS improves your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are a lot of advantages to going paperless, including many of the things mentioned above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of converting your data into secure clouds. As we help you with the switch, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, check out our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing records.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in St. Charles, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-time bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in St. Charles, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | St. Charles, MO Shredding Services
Destroying documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is an important part of protecting any St. Charles, MO business and keeping it efficient. Some documents can be shredded after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to hold onto specific documents for a specified number of years. Below are some of the records businesses commonly need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the year you filed for. After seven years, there is no reason to retain your return or the supporting documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises holding onto employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to hang onto them. OSHA and other overseeing bodies have conditions for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally recommended to discard these after a year, unless you require them for your tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Use your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there might be a refund down the line. Once they are not needed anymore they should be shredded. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be disposed of at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should keep records. After that period is passed, they should be destroyed as they not only include private medical information, but a St. Charles, MO patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in St. Charles, MO are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in St. Charles, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in St. Charles, MO, you are hiring a team dedicated to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and provide the highest quality customer service. If you need shredding services in St. Charles, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.