Cloud Migration Takoma Park, MD
Cloud migration in Takoma Park, MD. More and more Takoma Park, MD businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other record management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local Takoma Park, MD organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our 25 years, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Takoma Park, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
A cloud is a data storage system accessed through the Internet, rather than having data stored on-premises, or physically. Takoma Park, MD organizations use cloud migration to shift their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud server, or copying and uploading physical documents.
More and more organizations are finding cloud storage to work better in modern business. There are countless reasons to switch to cloud migration, however the process requires meticulous planning, and diligent specialists to ensure it's done correctly. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in Takoma Park, MD:
- Government agencies
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Takoma Park, MD
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and gradually builds up to the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed with minor changes, which optimize applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making significant changes in order to best fit the cloud system and optimize their performance.
HITS has successfully completed all types of data migration and document management procedures, and can help your Takoma Park, MD organization discover and implement the type of cloud migration that fits your needs.
What Are the Advantages to Cloud Migration in Takoma Park, MD?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Takoma Park, MD organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some find themselves more productive, others like the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your employees to have information at their fingertips wherever they are, as well as work on them simultaneously.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of data being lost completely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Reduced cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Usually, that costs less than on-premises storage. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than physical storage.
- Automated Processes — Some cloud systems allow for automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add documents and extra users to. Usually, they can be added immediately with a slight extra fee. Physical storage requires new servers, hardware, and/or permissions.
Models of Cloud Migration For Takoma Park, MD Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Takoma Park, MD organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Takoma Park, MD, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Takoma Park, MD?
While the benefits of cloud migration in Takoma Park, MD are numerous, there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so important.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for newer systems, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just moving it. Large databases are inherently more complicated and harder to move, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity refers to ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration takes time, you'll need to know how to continue your normal processes while the transfer is going on.
In order to deal with the difficulties of cloud migration, you'll need to enlist a data management company that understands how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to adjust suddenly when unexpected issues come up.
Other services we offer in Takoma Park, MD include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Takoma Park, MD
Our business is based on making your business better. We are committed to improving your Takoma Park, MD organization's productivity when managing internal or client records. With our expertise, customer service, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.