Cloud Migration New York City, NY
Cloud migration in New York City, NY. More and more New York City, NY businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other document management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local New York City, NY organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your records and practices from physical storage to cloud or hybrid environments. In our 25 years, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in New York City, NY, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
A cloud is a record storage system accessed through the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or having paper documents. Cloud migration is the process of moving your New York City, NY organization's records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises storage system to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are many benefits to cloud migration, however the process requires meticulous planning, and diligent specialists to ensure it's done correctly. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in New York City, NY:
- Government agencies
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in New York City, NY
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration starts with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and progressively re-hosting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but optimize applications based on what is available on the cloud.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making major updates with the objective in mind to both make it more suitable for the cloud system and enhance their performance.
HITS has successfully performed all types of data migration and document management procedures, and can help your New York City, NY organization with whatever type of cloud migration that fits your needs.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My New York City, NY Organization?
Cloud migration can help your New York City, NY organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some find themselves more engaged, others like spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your workforce to remotely view documents, as well as work on them simultaneously.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of information being lost completely, whether that be a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Easier on the budget — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Usually, that costs less than on-premises storage. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than physical storage.
- Automation — Some cloud systems let you set up automated processes to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add data and new employees to. Usually, set-up takes minutes and there's just a moderate payment increase. On-premises storage requires new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For New York City, NY Organizations
While "cloud" is a general term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your organization installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a DIY option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your New York City, NY organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model is best for you depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in New York City, NY, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in New York City, NY?
We've talked about the advantages of cloud migration in New York City, NY, but as with any technical process there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for newer technologies, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just migrating it. Large databases are intrinsically more complex and harder to transfer, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity refers to ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
In order to deal with the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a document management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unexpected problems come up.
Other services we offer in New York City, NY include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in New York City, NY
Our business is based on making your business better. We are committed to boosting your New York City, NY organization's productivity when dealing with internal or client data. With our expertise, customer care, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.