Cloud Migration Langley, VA
Cloud migration in Langley, VA. More and more Langley, VA businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other document management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we assist local Langley, VA organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your data and applications from physical storage to cloud or hybrid storage systems. In our 25 years, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Langley, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project through our website.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or physically. Langley, VA organizations use cloud migration to relocate their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises storage system to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents.
Increasingly organizations are finding cloud storage to work better in modern business. There are countless advantage to cloud migration, however the process requires careful planning, and diligent specialists to ensure it's done correctly. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Langley, VA:
- Government bodies
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Langley, VA
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and gradually lifting and shifting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but optimize applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making considerable changes in order to best fit the cloud system and enhance their performance.
HITS is experienced with all categories of data migration and document management techniques, and can help your Langley, VA organization discover and implement the kind of cloud migration you need.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Langley, VA Organization?
Cloud migration can help your Langley, VA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to research carried out by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers believe there are myriad benefits to remote work. Some think they are more productive, others like the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go program allows your workforce to have information at their fingertips when they need it, as well as access them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of data being lost entirely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and clients. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Easier on the budget — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Most of the time, that costs less than the cost of hardware and external drives. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers carry out their own maintenance.
- Automation — Certain cloud systems let you set up automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add documents and new employees to. Usually, they can be added immediately with a slight payment increase. On-premises storage requires new hard drives and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Langley, VA Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be an umbrella term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a DIY option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Langley, VA organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Langley, VA, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Langley, VA?
While the advantages of cloud migration in Langley, VA are numerous, there are also many things that can cause the process to go wrong. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so important.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for more recent systems, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than merely transferring it. Large databases are inherently more complex and difficult to transfer, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity refers to ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal processes while the transfer is going on.
In order to deal with the difficulties of cloud migration, you'll need to enlist a data management company that knows planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to adjust on the fly when unseen issues arise.
Other services we offer in Langley, VA include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Langley, VA
Our business is based on making your business better. We are devoted to boosting your Langley, VA organization's processes when dealing with internal or client data. With our expertise, customer care, and over two and a half decades of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.