Cloud Migration Richmond Heights, MO
Cloud migration in Richmond Heights, MO. More and more Richmond Heights, MO businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other document management services to boost productivity and cut down on costs. At HITS, we assist local Richmond Heights, MO organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our over two and a half decades, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Richmond Heights, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
A cloud is a data storage system accessed through the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or having paper documents. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Richmond Heights, MO organization's records and processes from an on-premises storage system to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud server.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are numerous advantage to cloud migration, however the process requires careful planning, and diligent specialists to ensure it's done correctly. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in Richmond Heights, MO:
- Government entities
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Richmond Heights, MO
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be performed in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the least complex documents, and progressively re-hosting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed with minor changes, which enhance applications based on what the cloud service offers.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making major updates with the goal to both make it more suitable for the cloud system and conform to certain standards.
What Are the Advantages to Cloud Migration in Richmond Heights, MO?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Richmond Heights, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to research carried out by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some find themselves more productive, others enjoy spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your workforce to have information at their fingertips when they need it, in addition to being able to access them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of records being lost entirely, whether that be a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Easier on the budget — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Usually, that costs less than the cost of hardware and external drives. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers carry out their own maintenance.
- Automation — Certain cloud systems let you set up automated alerts, storing, and recording, to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add data and new users to. Typically, they can be added immediately with a small payment increase. Physical storage requires new hard drives and/or software licenses.
Models of Cloud Migration For Richmond Heights, MO Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella word, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your organization installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Richmond Heights, MO organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into smaller applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Richmond Heights, MO, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Richmond Heights, MO?
We've talked about the benefits of cloud migration in Richmond Heights, MO, but as with anything in life there are unique challenges. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so important.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for more recent systems, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just transferring it. Large databases are inherently more complex and difficult to migrate, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a data management company that knows planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to effectively improvise when unexpected issues arise.
Other services we offer in Richmond Heights, MO include:
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Richmond Heights, MO
Our business is based on making your business better. We are devoted to enhancing your Richmond Heights, MO organization's processes when managing internal or client data. With our expertise, customer care, and over 25 years of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.