Cloud Migration Alexandria, VA
Cloud migration in Alexandria, VA. Cloud migration is a record management service that helps Alexandria, VA businesses and other organizations boost productivity and cut down on costs. At HITS, we assist local Alexandria, VA organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid domains. In our over two and a half decades, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Alexandria, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or physically. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Alexandria, VA organization's records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises server to a cloud, or copying and uploading physical documents.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless benefits to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Alexandria, VA:
- Government agencies
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Alexandria, VA
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be performed in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration starts with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and gradually re-hosting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed with minor changes, which optimize applications based on what is available on the cloud.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making major updates in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and conform to certain standards.
HITS has successfully performed all types of data migration and document management services, and can help your Alexandria, VA organization with whatever type of cloud migration that fits your needs.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Alexandria, VA Business?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Alexandria, VA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to research carried out by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some think they are more productive, others enjoy the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your employees to have information at their fingertips when they need it, as well as work on them simultaneously.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of information being lost completely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and clients. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Reduced cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Most of the time, that will be cheaper than on-premises storage. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than physical storage.
- Automation — Some cloud services let you set up automated processes to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding storage space and new employees to. Most often, they can be added immediately with a moderate extra fee. On-premises storage necessitates new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Models of Cloud Migration For Alexandria, VA Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella word, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Alexandria, VA organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into smaller applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Alexandria, VA, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Alexandria, VA?
You've read about the advantages of cloud migration in Alexandria, VA, but as with any technical process there are unique challenges. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so vital.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for more recent systems, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than merely migrating it. Large databases are inherently more complicated and harder to migrate, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration takes time, you'll need to know how to continue your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the challenges of cloud migration, you need a data management company that understands how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unseen problems arise.
Other services we offer in Alexandria, VA include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Alexandria, VA
We do what we do to make your business better. We are committed to boosting your Alexandria, VA organization's productivity when dealing with internal or client records. With our expertise, customer service, and more than two and a half decades of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.