Cloud Migration Arlington, VA
Cloud migration in Arlington, VA. More and more Arlington, VA businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other record management services to boost productivity and reduce costs. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local Arlington, VA organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our more than two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Arlington, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or physically. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Arlington, VA organization's records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are many benefits to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a good fit for the following industries in Arlington, VA:
- Government entities
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Arlington, VA
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also known as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and gradually lifting and shifting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud with only light changes, which enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making considerable changes in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
HITS has successfully completed all types of data migration and document management procedures, and can help your Arlington, VA organization discover and implement the type of cloud migration you need.
What Are the Advantages to Cloud Migration in Arlington, VA?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Arlington, VA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees believe there are numerous advantages to remote work. Some find themselves more productive, others enjoy spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go program allows your employees to have information at their fingertips wherever they are, in addition to being able to access them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of data being lost completely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Easier on the budget — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Most of the time, that costs less than the cost of hardware and external drives. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than local storage.
- Automation — Certain cloud systems let you set up automated processes to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add documents and new users to. Typically, they can be added immediately with a slight payment increase. Hardware storage requires new hard drives and/or software licenses.
Models of Cloud Migration For Arlington, VA Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella word, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Arlington, VA organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into more manageable applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Arlington, VA, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Arlington, VA?
While the benefits of cloud migration in Arlington, VA are numerous, as with anything in life there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for more recent technologies, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just moving it. Large databases are naturally more complicated and harder to transfer, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration takes time, you'll need to know how to continue your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
In order to deal with the challenges of cloud migration, you need a data management company that knows planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to adjust promptly when unanticipated problems come up.
Other services we offer in Arlington, VA include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Arlington, VA
Our business is based on making your business better. We are dedicated to enhancing your Arlington, VA organization's processes when dealing with internal or client information. With our expertise, customer care, and over two and a half decades of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.