Cloud Migration Jefferson City, MO
Cloud migration in Jefferson City, MO. Cloud migration is a record management service that helps Jefferson City, MO businesses and other organizations boost productivity and cut down on costs. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local Jefferson City, MO organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid storage systems. In our 25 years, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Jefferson City, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, instead of having data stored in a computer hard drive, or physically. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Jefferson City, MO organization's records and processes from an on-premises storage system to a cloud, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud server.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are many reasons to switch to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Jefferson City, MO:
Types of Cloud Migration in Jefferson City, MO
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also known as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and gradually builds up to the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud with only light changes, which enhance applications based on what is available on the cloud.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making significant changes in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and conform to certain standards.
HITS is experienced with all categories of data migration and document management techniques, and can help your Jefferson City, MO organization discover and implement the kind of cloud migration you need.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in Jefferson City, MO?
Cloud migration can help your Jefferson City, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to a study carried out by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some think they are more productive, others enjoy spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your workforce to have information at their fingertips when they need it, in addition to being able to access them at the same time.
- Easier to work with clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of records being lost entirely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and people outside your organization. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Reduced cost — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Most of the time, that costs less than on-premises storage. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than physical storage.
- Automation — Some cloud systems allow for automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding data and new employees to. Most often, set-up takes minutes and there's just a moderate extra fee. On-premises storage requires new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Models of Cloud Migration For Jefferson City, MO Organizations
While "cloud" is a general word, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a DIY option, where you pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Jefferson City, MO organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model is best for you depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Jefferson City, MO, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Jefferson City, MO?
While the advantages of cloud migration in Jefferson City, MO are many, as with anything in life there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for newer applications, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than just migrating it. Large databases are inherently more complicated and difficult to move, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity refers to ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
In order to deal with the challenges of cloud migration, you'll need to hire a document management company that knows planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to effectively improvise when unseen problems arise.
Other services we offer in Jefferson City, MO include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Jefferson City, MO
Our business is based on making your business better. We are committed to improving your Jefferson City, MO organization's processes when dealing with internal or client information. With our expertise, customer service, and over 25 years of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.