Cloud Migration San Diego, CA
Cloud migration in San Diego, CA. More and more San Diego, CA businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other record management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we assist local San Diego, CA organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid storage systems. In our more than two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in San Diego, CA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project through our website.
What Is Cloud Migration?
A cloud is a record storage system accessed through the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or having paper documents. San Diego, CA organizations use cloud migration to shift their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises server to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
Increasingly organizations are finding cloud storage to work better in modern business. There are countless advantage to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a good fit for the following industries in San Diego, CA:
- Government entities
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in San Diego, CA
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also known as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration typically begins with the least complex documents, and gradually lifting and shifting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making considerable updates in order to best fit the cloud system and optimize their performance.
HITS has successfully completed all categories of data migration and document management procedures, and can help your San Diego, CA organization with whatever type of cloud migration that fits your needs.
What Are the Advantages to Cloud Migration in San Diego, CA?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your San Diego, CA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, workers believe there are myriad benefits to working from home. Some find themselves more productive, others like the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your employees to have information at their fingertips when they need it, as well as access them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, clients and others outside your organization can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of records being lost completely, whether that be a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Decreased cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Usually, that will be cheaper than on-premises storage. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than local storage.
- Automation — Certain cloud services let you set up automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding records and new employees to. Typically, they can be added immediately with a slight extra fee. Physical storage necessitates new hard drives and/or permissions.
Types of Cloud Migration For San Diego, CA Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your San Diego, CA organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in San Diego, CA, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in San Diego, CA?
We've talked about the advantages of cloud migration in San Diego, CA, but there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so essential.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for more recent applications, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just migrating it. Large databases are intrinsically more complicated and difficult to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the challenges of cloud migration, you'll need to enlist a document management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to adjust promptly when unseen issues come up.
Other services we offer in San Diego, CA include:
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in San Diego, CA
Our business is based on making your business better. We are committed to improving your San Diego, CA organization's efficiency when managing internal or client information. With our expertise, customer service, and over 25 years of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.