Cloud Migration Kirkwood, MO
Cloud migration in Kirkwood, MO. Cloud migration is a document management service that helps Kirkwood, MO businesses and other organizations boost productivity and reduce costs. At HITS, we help local Kirkwood, MO organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our more than two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Kirkwood, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or having paper documents. Kirkwood, MO organizations use cloud migration to relocate their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises storage system to a cloud, or converting paper documents.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless advantage to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Kirkwood, MO:
Types of Cloud Migration in Kirkwood, MO
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be performed in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also known as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the least complex documents, and gradually re-hosting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud with minor changes, which enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making significant changes in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Kirkwood, MO Organization?
Cloud migration can help your Kirkwood, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees believe there are myriad advantages to remote work. Some find themselves more productive, others enjoy the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your employees to have information at their fingertips when they need it, in addition to being able to work on them simultaneously.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of information being lost completely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and people outside your organization. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Easier on the budget — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Most of the time, that will be cheaper than the cost of hardware and external drives. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers carry out their own maintenance.
- Automation — Certain cloud systems allow for automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add data and new users to. Most often, set-up takes minutes and there's just a slight payment increase. Hardware storage requires new hard drives and/or permissions.
Models of Cloud Migration For Kirkwood, MO Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be a general word, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Kirkwood, MO organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Kirkwood, MO, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Kirkwood, MO?
We've talked about the benefits of cloud migration in Kirkwood, MO, but there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for more recent applications, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than merely migrating it. Large databases are intrinsically more complex and harder to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you'll need to know how to continue your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
In order to deal with the challenges of cloud migration, you'll need to hire a document management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unseen problems arise.
Other services we offer in Kirkwood, MO include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Kirkwood, MO
Our business is based on making your business better. We are dedicated to boosting your Kirkwood, MO organization's efficiency when dealing with internal or client records. With our expertise, customer service, and more than two and a half decades of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.