Cloud Migration Creve Coeur, MO
Cloud migration in Creve Coeur, MO. Cloud migration is a record management service that helps Creve Coeur, MO businesses and other organizations be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local Creve Coeur, MO organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our over two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Creve Coeur, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, rather than having data stored on-premises, or having paper documents. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Creve Coeur, MO organization's records and processes from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud, or scanning paper documents.
More and more organizations are finding cloud storage to be a better fit both for their clients and internal processes. There are numerous reasons to switch to cloud migration, however the process requires meticulous planning, and diligent specialists to ensure it goes smoothly. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in Creve Coeur, MO:
- Government entities
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Creve Coeur, MO
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also known as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and gradually re-hosting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed with only light changes, which optimize applications based on what is available on the cloud.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making major updates in order to best fit the cloud system and enhance their performance.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in Creve Coeur, MO?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Creve Coeur, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to a study performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some think they are more productive, others enjoy the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go program allows your employees to have information at their fingertips wherever they are, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier to work with clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of data being lost entirely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and clients. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Lowered cost — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Usually, that will be cheaper than the cost of hardware and external drives. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than local storage.
- Automated Processes — Certain cloud services let you set up automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding data and extra users to. Usually, they can be added immediately with a moderate payment increase. Physical storage necessitates new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Creve Coeur, MO Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella term, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a DIY option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Creve Coeur, MO organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Creve Coeur, MO, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Creve Coeur, MO?
While the benefits of cloud migration in Creve Coeur, MO are many, there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for newer systems, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just migrating it. Large databases are intrinsically more complex and harder to migrate, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity refers to ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the challenges of cloud migration, you'll need to enlist a document management company that understands how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unseen issues come up.
Other services we offer in Creve Coeur, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Creve Coeur, MO
We do what we do to make your business better. We are committed to boosting your Creve Coeur, MO organization's productivity when dealing with internal or client information. With our expertise, customer service, and over 25 years of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.