Cloud Migration Silver Spring, MD
Cloud migration in Silver Spring, MD. More and more Silver Spring, MD businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other record management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help local Silver Spring, MD organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid domains. In our more than two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Silver Spring, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or having paper documents. Silver Spring, MD organizations use cloud migration to relocate their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises storage system to a cloud, or converting physical documents.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless advantage to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a good fit for the following industries in Silver Spring, MD:
Types of Cloud Migration in Silver Spring, MD
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration typically begins with the least complex documents, and progressively lifting and shifting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed with only light changes, which enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making major updates in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and enhance their performance.
What Are the Advantages to Cloud Migration in Silver Spring, MD?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Silver Spring, MD organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to research carried out by the Becker Friedman Institute, employees enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some find themselves more productive, others enjoy spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your employees to remotely view documents, in addition to being able to access them simultaneously.
- Easier to work with clients — With a cloud system, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of data being lost completely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both people inside and people outside your organization. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Reduced cost — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Usually, that will be cheaper than the cost of hardware and external drives. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than physical storage.
- Automation — Certain cloud systems let you set up automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add records and extra employees to. Typically, set-up takes minutes and there's just a slight extra fee. Physical storage necessitates new hard drives and/or permissions.
Models of Cloud Migration For Silver Spring, MD Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella term, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a DIY option, where you pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Silver Spring, MD organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Silver Spring, MD, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Silver Spring, MD?
We've talked about the benefits of cloud migration in Silver Spring, MD, but there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for newer technologies, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of merely migrating it. Large databases are naturally more complex and difficult to transfer, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you'll need to know how to continue your normal processes while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a data management company that knows planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to make changes promptly when unanticipated issues come up.
Other services we offer in Silver Spring, MD include:
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Silver Spring, MD
Our business is based on making your business better. We are dedicated to improving your Silver Spring, MD organization's processes when dealing with internal or client records. With our expertise, customer care, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.