Cloud Migration Brentwood, MO
Cloud migration in Brentwood, MO. Cloud migration is a record management service that helps Brentwood, MO businesses and other organizations boost productivity and reduce costs. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local Brentwood, MO organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our 25 years, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Brentwood, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, instead of having data stored in a computer hard drive, or physically. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Brentwood, MO organization's records and processes from an on-premises server to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud server.
Increasingly organizations are finding cloud storage to be a better fit both for their clients and internal processes. There are numerous advantage to cloud migration, however the process requires prudent planning, and diligent data management experts to ensure it's done correctly. Cloud migration is a good fit for the following industries in Brentwood, MO:
- Government entities
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Brentwood, MO
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also known as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and gradually re-hosting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making major updates in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and optimize their performance.
HITS has successfully implemented all types of data migration and document management techniques, and can help your Brentwood, MO organization with whatever kind of cloud migration you need.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in Brentwood, MO?
Cloud migration can help your Brentwood, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, workers enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some think they are more engaged, others enjoy the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your workforce to remotely view documents, in addition to being able to access them simultaneously.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of information being lost entirely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and people outside your organization. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Easier on the budget — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Most of the time, that will be cheaper than the cost of hardware and external drives. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers carry out their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Certain cloud services let you set up automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding records and new employees to. Typically, set-up takes minutes and there's just a moderate extra fee. Hardware storage requires new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Brentwood, MO Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be an umbrella term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your organization installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Brentwood, MO organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Brentwood, MO, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Brentwood, MO?
While the benefits of cloud migration in Brentwood, MO are many, as with any technical process there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for newer technologies, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than just transferring it. Large databases are inherently more complicated and difficult to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity refers to ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal processes while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a document management company that understands how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unexpected problems come up.
Other services we offer in Brentwood, MO include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Brentwood, MO
Our business is based on making your business better. We are committed to improving your Brentwood, MO organization's efficiency when managing internal or client records. With our expertise, customer care, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.