Cloud Migration Annapolis, MD
Cloud migration in Annapolis, MD. Cloud migration is a record management service that helps Annapolis, MD businesses and other organizations boost productivity and cut down on costs. At HITS, we assist local Annapolis, MD organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your data and applications from physical storage to cloud or hybrid domains. In our 25 years, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Annapolis, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project through our website.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, rather than having data stored on-premises, or physically. Annapolis, MD organizations use cloud migration to shift their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises storage system to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud server.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are many advantage to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in Annapolis, MD:
- Government agencies
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Annapolis, MD
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and progressively builds up to the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud with only light changes, which enhance applications based on what is available on the cloud.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making major updates with the objective in mind to both best fit the cloud system and conform to certain standards.
HITS is experienced with all categories of data migration and document management procedures, and can help your Annapolis, MD organization discover and implement the kind of cloud migration that fits your needs.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Annapolis, MD Organization?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Annapolis, MD organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to research performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers believe there are numerous advantages to working from home. Some think they are more engaged, others enjoy spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your employees to remotely view documents, as well as access them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of data being lost entirely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and clients. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Easier on the budget — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Most of the time, that will be cheaper than on-premises storage. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers perform their own maintenance.
- Automation — Certain cloud services allow for automated processes to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add documents and extra employees to. Typically, they can be added immediately with a moderate payment increase. On-premises storage requires new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Models of Cloud Migration For Annapolis, MD Organizations
While "cloud" is a general word, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Annapolis, MD organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into more manageable applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Annapolis, MD, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Annapolis, MD?
We've talked about the advantages of cloud migration in Annapolis, MD, but as with anything in life there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for more recent technologies, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of merely moving it. Large databases are inherently more complicated and difficult to move, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you'll need to know how to continue your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the challenges of cloud migration, you need a data management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unanticipated problems come up.
Other services we offer in Annapolis, MD include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Annapolis, MD
Our business is based on making your business better. We are devoted to improving your Annapolis, MD organization's efficiency when managing internal or client data. With our expertise, customer care, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.