Cloud Migration St. Louis, MO
Cloud migration in St. Louis, MO. More and more St. Louis, MO businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other document management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local St. Louis, MO organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our 25 years, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in St. Louis, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or physically. St. Louis, MO organizations use cloud migration to move their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises storage system to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents.
Increasingly organizations are finding cloud storage to be a better fit both for their clients and internal processes. There are countless advantage to cloud migration, however the process requires careful planning, and diligent specialists to ensure it goes smoothly. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in St. Louis, MO:
- Government entities
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in St. Louis, MO
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also known as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and progressively builds up to the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but optimize applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making significant changes in order to best fit the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
HITS has successfully implemented all categories of data migration and document management services, and can help your St. Louis, MO organization discover and implement the type of cloud migration best for you.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in St. Louis, MO?
Cloud migration can help your St. Louis, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to research performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers believe there are numerous benefits to remote work. Some find themselves more productive, others like spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go program allows your employees to remotely view documents, in addition to being able to work on them simultaneously.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of records being lost completely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and people outside your organization. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Reduced cost — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Usually, that will be cheaper than the cost of hardware and external drives. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than local storage.
- Automated Processes — Certain cloud services allow for automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding storage space and new employees to. Most often, set-up takes minutes and there's just a small extra fee. On-premises storage requires new hard drives and/or permissions.
Models of Cloud Migration For St. Louis, MO Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be an umbrella word, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a DIY option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your St. Louis, MO organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in St. Louis, MO, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in St. Louis, MO?
While the benefits of cloud migration in St. Louis, MO are many, there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so vital.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for more recent systems, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of merely transferring it. Large databases are naturally more complex and difficult to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you'll need to know how to continue your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
In order to deal with the difficulties of cloud migration, you'll need to hire a data management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to make changes promptly when unseen problems come up.
Other services we offer in St. Louis, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in St. Louis, MO
Our business is based on making your business better. We are devoted to enhancing your St. Louis, MO organization's efficiency when managing internal or client records. With our expertise, customer service, and over two and a half decades of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.